1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

memory card corruption

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by BadMoon25, Mar 29, 2005.

1. BadMoon25

BadMoon25 Member

Does anybody know why my memory cards get get corrupt at random times while doing the gamecube streaming? I had to start from scratch twice before I could even get to the ripping part. Then I used a new card finally got thru it and while streaming Paper Mario that card got corrupted after a couple game saves? If anybody else experienced this what did you do to fix or work around if anything? Thanks.

2. Squished

Squished Member

Memory card corruption is common with some games. In my understanding, heavy access of the BBA and writing to the memory card at the same time cause the corruption. In some games, you can use the other memory card slot safely, in some, you have to start the game with the memory card removed, in others you have to hold certain button combinations down right before a save to temporarily stop streaming.

(Alot of this is from memory, so you really would do better to read through the first thread to get a better idea.)

What I don't know is if any of the more recent loaders like GCSIM fix that, or if it is still an issue.