1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menus, mpeg files, and authoring programs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by garyjay, Sep 30, 2002.

1. garyjay

garyjay Member

Here's a newbie question. I have found that Pinnacle Studio 8 will not burn a mpeg file that is able to be burned just fine with the Uled DVD burning software. BUT, I own Pinnacle Studio 8 and it has menu capabilities.

Question... if I bring my assets into Pinnacle Studio 8 and create a menu, and then burn to mpeg-2 file to burn onto a DVD but then use another software program to burn the DVD, will the menus work? Is the menu system a "standard"? Or, must I burn the DVD from the same program I use to create the menus?

Thanks! Gary

2. Zhadoom

Zhadoom Member

Hi garyjay. I currently use Pinnacle Studio 7. I converted my movies to MPEG2 (dvd spec) and then transfered the MPEG to SPRUCE Up. Create the menus with spruce up and then compile the progect to the hard drive. The movie and the menus are converted to VOB with there respective IFO files.
    If Pinnacle created the menus and then you save the entire movie and menu to the hard drive it should do the same, save it as VOB. VOB are the same on all programs. You should be able to burn it with any program as long as all the files that should be in the VIDEO_TS folder are there.