1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menus

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BWinker, Mar 1, 2005.

1. BWinker

BWinker Member

I've read your post about backing up DVDs using DVD Shrink but the problem I have is I want to keep some extras (not all) and I also want to keep the menus.

I've seen that you can do this using something called IfoEdit but the guide on how to use it just plain confuses me!!

Is there anyone here who can explain it in simpler terms so I can understand what I'm doing??

Any help is much appreciated!!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Try the 21 day trial download of Clonedvd2 and Anydvd. They work together. Anydvd runs in the background as the decrypter while Clonedvd2 does the rest of the work and burnback. This combination will let you edit a dvd similar to Shrink but will keep the menu intact and working. If purchased together the cost is less than $70. total but well worth it.

Jerry

3. BWinker

BWinker Member

Thanx, I had heard CloneDVD2 mentioned but the fact that it keeps the menus was mentioned. Guess I can only try it.

4. Nanaki

Nanaki Member

are you actually gonna go buy it for $70...

5. BWinker

BWinker Member

No, I'm a naughty boy see, I just downloaded it off of Kazaa Lite.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Afterdawn suggests the purchase of good software to support those companies which then allows them to keep us going with all the new updates. Talking about pirated software, movies or links to such things is against forum rules. Just some friendly advice.

Jerry

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  7. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

u could also use the still image option in shrink to make a still image of the extras u don't want and that way u keep the one's u do want and keep the menus too.

8. BWinker

BWinker Member

Sorry about that, I didn't realise I'd broken forum rules. I would have bought the software anyway but having just purchased a new computer, I'm low on funds and I'm a bit of an impatient person.

I'll zip my lips anyway.

Thanx for the tip Fishbulb on about still imaging, does this use up less of the disk then?

9. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member