1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MEPEG 1&2 TO DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by 95991, May 4, 2005.

1. 95991

95991 Member

Help Pleae, videos are recorder in 16.9 ratio and W.M.Maker files as 16.9 ratio. Is their a program that will allow me to encode WMA Files and burn to dvd with this 16.9 ratio. Now wide screen is converted back to Full screen whis I do not want. Can you help? BIG AL I know I have to have to have video in and video out [direct] because of the WMA Files. Thank You_________

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Why are you using WMM?
    What are the source files (standalone recorder)?
    There are many programs that will encode, author and burn 16:9 video, if it's prepared properly.

3. 95991

95991 Member

Sir, I have found Windows Movie Maker has alot of pluses! Audio add,screen changes, and alot of goodies to add that make you video very interesting. Almost pro like? Have you looked itno this free program? Still need the program for the 16.9 encode /burn to play on stand alone dvd player! Thank YOU, BIG AL__________

4. 95991

95991 Member

Sir, all videos are captured via Sony Camcorder[ Digital].

5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Capture using WinDV (it's free) to native DV-AVI format.
    Edit in a good advanced editor, Sony Vegas (4 or 5), Pinnacle studio, etc.
    Encode to mpeg-2, author and burn.
    You will get MUCH better quality than trying to work with wmv.

If you MUST use WMM, at least save your files as DV-AVI.
    Once edited and saved, you'll have to encode them.
    Canopus Procoder express is my first choice ($59), Mainconcept mpeg encoder second ($99) and then there are quite a few slower, or poorer quality encoders around.
    For your first try, I would recommend VSO Divx to DVD (will also do your DV-AVI to DVD). It's free, and will allow you to retain 16:9.

Edit: and don't call me "Sir", I'm not a knight (yet) <grin>

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  6. 95991

95991 Member

Dear Not Sir, sorry and thanks for your quick response. My files are save in the DV-AVI format. I then encode/burn with Neo dvd plus. But, this software will nor retain the 16.9 ratio. I will try your suggestions and go from their. Once again thank you, BIG AL California Kid.______________

7. 95991

95991 Member

Dear Not Sir, sorry and thanks for your quick response. My files are save in the DV-AVI format. I then encode/burn with Neo dvd plus. But, this software will nor retain the 16.9 ratio. I will try your suggestions and go from their. Once again thank you, BIG AL California Kid.______________

8. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

It seems you HAVE done some research on your own. Great!
    DV-AVI is (usually) great quality, and maintaining that quality through to DVD can be a challenge. (there's an understatement!)
    I suggest you try all sorts of different encoders and authoring programs, until you find the one that suits you best.
    There are too many to list, but a few you might like to try:
    Ulead video Studio, or DVD Studio.
    Nerovision Express 3 (free upgrade if you already own Nero Burning Rom).
    Sony DVD Movie Factory 4.
    I know there are at least 20 more, but most are not as flexible as the ones above, or produce poor quality video.
    Again, for the first few disks, VSO DivX to DVD should work well enough. When you want to author multiple videos to one DVD, and have menus, you'll have to eventually learn some different software.
    After you get tired of the canned templates for menus, you may movie up to something like Vegas, Scenarist or DVDLab Pro.

9. 95991

95991 Member

HI,VSO DIVX TO DV will not work in my NEO DVD Plus 5 program. Still can`t get my 16.9 ratio. Have Nero Epress 3 and that worked ok ,maybe a little slow but I got my 16.9. Create your own video and no titles just encode and burn. I think this will suffice for now. Thanks for all you help as Neo DVD wanted $39.00 for a conversation program. Take Cre, BIG AL PS, with Nero I don`t need the VSO DIVX TO DVD. Just Great!