1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merge 2 DVD movie to one disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RealGomer, Mar 9, 2004.

1. RealGomer

RealGomer Regular member

I recently ran a backup of Kevin costner's Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves. It was a single double sided disc. I used DVD Shrink to rip it to my hard drive and it showed barely any compression. I know there are other older movies that were made the same way. So, hoping I'm not asking something already answered, is there a way to get a two sided DVD to a single DVD+R?
    Thanks.

2. EliteHB

EliteHB Guest

Rip VOB files from sideA i.e VTS_01_1 VTS_01_2 VTS_01_3 ... rip VOB files from discB i.e VTS_01_1 VTS_01_2 VTS_01_3

Now rename VOB files from discB to VTS_O1_4 VTS_01_5 VTS_01_6 etc etc... you get the drift.

What i would do next is put them through DVD2AVI/VFAPI/import into CCE using an AVISynth script/author the resulting files using TMPGEnc DVD Author/Burn.

*Your VOB files may very well be named different. I'm assuming you know the basics*

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

RealGomer,

No problem,

Use either DVD Shrink (in the "re-author" mode) OR DVD2One (in the "join" mode)

Pete

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

RealGomer,

For DVD Shrink, open the first movie (or movie half) let it analyze - then go to Re-Author and put the "Main
    movie", "title 1" (usally) anyway, put that under the new DVD icon. Then click "open Files", analyze the second movie (or half) - when that's finished, put the "Main movie" under the first under the new DVD icon, click "Backup" and you're done and done :)

As far as DVD2One - load movie 1 and click Join" under mode and then load movie 2 - and let it process - then burn with Nero :D)

Pete

5. JPearson

JPearson Member

The only way to copy a double-side "flipper" DVD disc to one DVD-R, I've discovered, is to use a program called Daemon tools. This enables you to have up to 5 "virtual" drives on your PC that funcion in the same way as the actual DVD-Rom drives. You first rip side A of the movie to your hard drive with any DVD-ripping program. Then you mount the contents on one of the "virtual" drives. Now, turning the disc over to read side B, you add both sides A and B from their respective locations to the re-authored DVD, since DVD shrink has to be able to access both sides at once in order to be able to compress then to fit on one disc. This, I've found, is the only option available for a flipper disc. To put 2 movies onto one disc you can either do the same, or if you have two DVD-ROM drives, by putting one in each.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Why make so hard that which is so simple ?

There are many roads that can take you from "here" to "there" - Sometimes the most direct is a toll road (a program which costs $$$$), the scenic therefore becomes a viable option. Be careful of the "Round-A-Bout", which may add unnecessary time and mileage to the trip :-0

Glad you stopped by though, may I be the first to Welcome you to our little Club :D)

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, HP R/W 200j, AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP, SP1.[/small]

Last edited: May 1, 2004