1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merge 2 seperate .avi files together int one large file

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by rocky38, May 23, 2003.

1. rocky38

rocky38 Member

I have one movie that has been split into two .avi files.

I'd like to merge the two files together into one file, in order to cut the movie myself in order to make better usage of my cdr space. (i am making a vcd)

In other words, One file is 1 1/2 hours long & the second file is 1 1/2 hours long for a total movie lenght of 3 hours. I'd hate to use 4 cdr's for one 3 hour movie. I'd rather merge the two files together, cut into 1 hour sections, then burn to vcd, via Nero.

I'm currently using TMPGE "Merge & Cut", but only been using the "Cut" option.

Does any know the proceedure for the "Merge" option in TMPGE? I would assume that this is where you would combine two files together but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thaxs for any help you can provide!

Last edited: May 23, 2003
  2. rocky38

rocky38 Member

Well, wouldn't you just know it.

I usualy browse through this form first to find an answer to a question that I was going to post.

Seems that sooner or later I run into a situration that someone has already answered here. So posting is the last thing I'll do when I give up, which has only been 1 time.

While awaiting an answer (usualy doesn't take that long, except for today, now I know why) I skimmed into the "General Video Dicussion" and the very first question of the day was "Joining Two File Together".

I felt stupid for posting now because the link provided by the person requiring help, helped me. It was excatly what I was looking for.

So here is the link, just incase in the near future someone needs the same question answered.
    http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/cut-join-mpeg.htm