1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merge with TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by lankford, Jun 26, 2002.

1. lankford

lankford Member

Ok, this is a terrible, terrible newby question. I've got captured MPEG2 video files. The software that captures the files splits them up based on the mythical 4 gigabyte barrier (grrr). That leaves me with two files that I would just LOVE to merge without recompression.

I can't seem to find freeware that will do the trick (any suggestions). I've downloaded TMPGEnc, but it will only merge two seconds from the beginning of each file. There also doesn't appear to be any sound (the files are multiplexed with audio already). Why does it only do 4 seconds? Do I have to spend $50 and unlock this program to get the entire movie merged? What about the audio?

Thanks,

lankford

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

3. lankford

lankford Member

Thanks for the response. That seems to have done the trick perfectly!

I have to ask though. Considering that both files have the same type of encoding (the were created from the same capture process and split up artificially), could I have used that old DOS copy command with the /b switch to merge the files together? I may try that out in a few minutes to see if it works.

Thanks again,

Lankford

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Doesn't work, nope. Media player _might_ be able to play those files, but it wont be valid MPEG file anyway, because MPEGs, just like almost any other file format, has a header information which is in beginning of the file and tells the player the length of the video and other aspects about the encoding algorithms, etc.