1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mergin two evo files to make a .mkv (HD-DVD Backup audio issues)

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by jackyl420, May 16, 2009.

1. jackyl420

jackyl420 Member

I own Van Helsing in HD-DVD. I have been trying to back it to a .mkv.

I have FEATURE_1.EVO & FEATURE_2.EVO which I know are the correct files off the disk.

I use EVOdemux to seperate the .mpa & .mpv from each EVO files.

I use tsMuxerGUI to then merge the two audio.ts files together and then the two video.ts files.

Then I use tsMuxeR GUI 1.8.4 to merge the merged audio and video into one .M2TS file.

I then use RipBot264 1.13.3 to create my .mkv.

Now, I have done this with numerous other HD-DVDs that I own (yeah, I jumped the gun) but they were single EVO files. When I play back my backup of Van Helsing, Exactly at 34:19 into the movie there is an audible sound that fades in and sounds like a digital machine gun. And it is then louder than the audio track.

I have made this .mkv three times now (30hrs) and it is in the same spot every time. I have tried deselecting the subtitles and just using one audio track from the audio.ts file that is made from both EVO files.

I just do not know what is going on here. And I would like to back this up. And I know it can be done as I have seen it on DL sites. But, I refuse to do that, I want to make it as I paid for it.

So any help would be great.

Software that is being used

EVOdemux v0.628
    tsMuxeR GUI 1.8.4
    RipBot264 v1.13.3

Thanks.

2. jackyl420

jackyl420 Member

I just did Transformers (Yes, I own it on HD-DVD) and it has the same audio problem that Van Helsing did. So, I'm not sure if it is my method or what it is. But, It would be great to see some opinions.