1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merging 2 sets of Video ts files. (vobs etc), is it possible.

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by pimpdadd, May 8, 2003.

1. pimpdadd

pimpdadd Member

OK, heres the problem i got. Ive got a 1.5gig mpeg split into 2. I would join the mpeg and use dvd factory to convert the whole thing to DVD files and then use dvd2one, the only problem i have is that i dont have the required Hard drive space left.

Is it possibe to convert the 2 mpegs seperatly and then join the (2 seperate vidio_ts) vob files and then use dvd2one to burn it onto 1 dvd.

Hopefully this will make sense to someone, cheers for any help.

2. pimpdadd

pimpdadd Member

To put this in a simpler way.

Is it possible to put 2 dvds onto 1, useing dvd2one?

3. ookami

ookami Member

I don't think so using just DVD2One. I haven't seen any way to actually combine 2 DVDs (like say, both DVDs for Lord of the Rings) onto one DVD.

I have toyed around with the idea of ripping both, converting them to AVI, using a tool to combine the two AVIs, then convert the new AVI back to VOB, then use DVD2One to compress it.

I don't think the quality would be very good trying to compress 10-16GB down into 4GB.

4. phuocle

phuocle Member

You'll need VobEdit (free) and IfoEdit (free) in addition to DVD2One. There plenty of good tutorials out there, but the basics:

1. Use VobEdit to find the last VobID in your first Vob.
    2. Use VobEdit to Join Clips to the next Vob and incrementing the VobID by 1 (if the VobID in #1 was say 2, then you'll set the VobID to 3 when you're joining the clips).
    3. Use IfoEdit on the newly created Vob's to create Ifo files for them.
    4. Correct VTS sectors with IfoEdit.
    5. Use DVD2One if necessary to shrink to 4.37 GB.
    6. Burn using your favorite burner & media.

5. pimpdadd

pimpdadd Member

Cheers guys for replying, Ill get vob & ifo edit and try that out. It all sounds a bit confusing at the moment but im sure it will all come together eventually. Half the fun is learning how to do it. (chances are i wont be saying that after ive wasted a whole weekend & about 10 dvdrs)

Thanks again for your help fellas, appreciate you taking the time.

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Just to add too IFOedit & VOBedit route & that is you might be able to do compression with DVD Shrink which is also free!

: )

7. jrbjr1369

jrbjr1369 Guest

I recently merged some VOBs using Vobedit and Ifoedit. However, when I try to compress using either DVD2One or DVDShrink. I get an error message stating that 2One and Shrink have "encountered encryption" and can't continue. I used DVD Decrypter to rip the VOBs. So it can't be CSS. Any ideas where this encryption is coming from???

8. pimpdadd

pimpdadd Member

i used dvd factory 2, sorted it out quickly and easily.

9. NYguy

NYguy Member