1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

merging a file with an ISO

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by buscuit, Mar 15, 2007.

1. buscuit

buscuit Regular member

I have some burnable BIN/CUE & ISO files that I want to put on a disc, but want to also merge a small text document along with them. Is there anyway of merging the text document with the BIN/CUE file while it is burning to a CDR?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Not while it is burning. You have to mount the bin/cue pair and add your file, then make a new iso to burn.

3. buscuit

buscuit Regular member

OK, so how do you "mount" the BIN/CUE files in order to add the text file?

4. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Hello buscuit,

What you need is an image file editor, such as UltraISO or any image file editor.

Check out this google search page; here are some more little viewers to consider:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=image+file+editor&meta=

They all do basically the same thing.

---------------

Open the original image ( may it be a .bin, .iso, .mdf, .nrg, etc.)

Select to add any file you wish to the image, to any particular folder you want, or create a totally new folder in the image.

Now you need to re-save(save-as) the new image (give it a differrent file name!)

Some of these apps will also save it as a differrent type of image (they are capable of converting). Use this to suit the needs of your burning software.

EG; Nero likes .ISO, .NRG, and .bin(with the .CUE)

Blindwrite likes .BWT.

Alcohol 120% like .MDF, .MDS, and so one.

Most images have different file extensions based on the software that created them, however, the standard seems to be .ISO, which most burning software can handle.

I hope I didn't mess you up too much, but you'll figure it out once you play a little with this type of software.

You can even create your own images to burn as well, handy in sorts of ways too!!

Weycraze

5. buscuit

buscuit Regular member

I tried UltraISO. Loaded the ISO into it, added my text documents and it worked liked a charm. Thanks. Are there any other good free image file editors that can be recommended?