1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Merry Whatever Holdiay You Celebrate!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Sophocles, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

For the holdiays, my preference is to go back to the pagan roots that planted the seeds of all our current major seasonal holidays, but I'm good with those who celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and any other celebration that brings people together for all the right reasons. So this year I'm going to start with Saturnaila, and then slowly move into Yule. Please note that if anyone lives in Tampa and is having a party, I'll drink whatever you're drinking. :D

2. attar

attar Senior member

"Festivus for the rest of us"

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Sophocles, you boozer!!!!!

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I blame it on my Anglo-Norman and Irish bloodlines, along with the 22 years I lived in Canada. After all what the hell else is there to do in Canada in the Winter? :cool:

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

your background is no excuse as I'm part Irish, English, French Canadian, Texan & possibly North American Indian & I don't drink. can shovel snow, ice fish, ski dooing, skiing, snowball fights & other winter stuff

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'm so sorry, I didn't know, but it's possible to still live a near normal life. :rolleyes:

I'm a cycling enthusiast! I ride at least 11 or more miles every morning for 5 days or more a week. I don't have any snow to shovel but I do have a lawn to mow, and a swimming pool to shock, backwash, and clean.

7. aldan

aldan Active member

now just what the hell can i say about all this?merry christmas all you old farts and may you be an hour in heaven before the devil knows your dead.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Merry Christmas to whatever or however you celebrate the Solstice, because it's now past. Let's all toast ddp! :cool: