1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Message in R4i .Fake card.please return to retailer

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by coner2, Jul 2, 2009.

1. coner2

coner2 Member

When i am setting up my card using the latest firmware and when i am starting the ds ia getting the following message:LOADING....FAke card!please return to retailer.i have a r4i card and the micro sd is Kingston 4 gb.
    Every time i am putting the card inside always the same.PLEASE can anyone help me?????

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Then return it!

In the long run it will be the best option, go for a AceKard 2i, Supercard or EZ Flash Vi all far better cards.

3. mykeblack

mykeblack Member

Hi,

I just got a genuine R4i-SDHC card (I checked the Truth Inquiry code on the website) and installed kernal 1.08b on it, and I got the same error message when booting up. I think this might be because I re-used the same SD card that I was using in my R4 for the DS lite. I formatted this SD card and copied the new software back on to it, and that seemed to fix my issue. Try formatting your memory card and see if that sorts your problem out.

4. coner2

coner2 Member

I have format the memory card several times but i still get the same error.I use the kernel update from the original site of the card but nothing.I don't know what to do.And if i by another card and i have the same error?Is there is anything to do with the version of the ds?it's a brand new.

5. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

No its not the DS - its the R4, there are 36 cards calling themselves R4, most are awful, just read all the threads on non working cards.

Buy something else - AceKard, Edge, Cyclods, M3 Real, EZ Flash - there are loads of decent cards!

6. svenniru

svenniru Member

So, there is no alternative software to set up on the card?

I bought the card in a dodgy store in another country, so returning it is not an option. Throwing it out would kind of suck too.

S.

7. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

You can try all the firmwares and one may get it in to life, the site in my signature hosts them all.

8. jos22

jos22 Member

use SW version 1.7
    got the same messgae with 1.8

9. jos22

jos22 Member

10. coner2

coner2 Member

Thank you very much for the firmware v 1.8,Now my card opens corectly but when i am trying to choose a game the ds freeze.Do you know what happen?

11. jos22

jos22 Member

it freeze sometimes for me but it works fine when i turn it off and on again or eject and re insert the r4 car