1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed up modded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bamboo22, Aug 12, 2007.

1. bamboo22

bamboo22 Member

I was updating XBMC on my xbox and I forgot to place a file in the main folder. Now when I turn on my xbox I just get a blank screen. Does anybody know how I can get in and fix the mistake I made. I've tried to get in through FPT, but it won't work. I've tried to bring up the bios for the chip and I can't do that either. Thank you for your help

2. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

can you cold boot a game. If that is possiable, you are fine. Just remod it and you will be back in business.

3. bamboo22

bamboo22 Member

A game did start, but I don't see how I can go in and change the mistakes I made. Any further tips?

4. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

You can change your mistakes by re-installing the mod with the exploit of your choice. After that you should be able to boot to the evox or unleashedx dash hence gaining you ftp privledges to fix your mistake.

5. bamboo22

bamboo22 Member

If I do that will I lost everything on the hard drive?

6. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

I used Krayzies UXE installer and im not a hundred percent sure on this maybe someone else can clarify this but i think whenever you run the mod without installing it you get ftp access. I can check later if no one else can correct me if im wrong.

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yes, the softmod install screen has FTP access! If you load the softmod screen you can set IP settings.

However, if you have a chip, insert a Slayers disc to restore your dash!