1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal bit connected to the antenna on a DBox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by AbsDigi, Feb 11, 2007.

1. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

My Dbox slipped last week and I can't find the metal bit that is connected to the antenna which is above the socket where you insert the NTL/Telewest/Virgin wire. (Sorry for being so tecnically dense LOL) Doesanyone know where I can get it?
    Thanks

2. Tamilmix

Tamilmix Member

B&Q £.99

3. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

Is that 99p or £99? LOL And what is it called? Someone told me that I need a new tuner

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

99p is for a F plug to Coax adapter, what you have done is break the socket off the box, for that a tuner is required, or, if you are good at soldering you can solder a flylead onto the tuners circuit board instead ( and I'm NOT doing that for you either, lol )

5. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

I don't know how it broke off and also where it's disappeared- All that happened was my box slipped off the top of my TV!
    Is that why I get the message "Waiting For Timer" on every channel?

6. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

The part is probably still on the end of the cable connection, that's probably why you can't find it. I have spent many years repairing satellite receivers that fell from TV sets and broke the connector off. It is not a simple matter of soldering it back on, the circuit board will almost certainly be damaged when the part ripped off. The message you are getting is due to no signal reaching the tuner.

7. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

I also damaged the white NTL/Virgin lead that plugs into the socket underneath ANTENNA and had to buy a new F plug. I'm just confused about how many things can break LOL
    Thanks for your help.