1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

metal gear solid 1 pc version wont start

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by 3alaawi, Nov 20, 2008.

1. 3alaawi

3alaawi Member

ive jus downloaded mgs1 and 2 (pc versions). when i click on the mgs1 file i get the installation thing and everything. installation is finished and then when the game is about to start (the window goes to full screen) it quickly closes and i get a popup saying that the file is closing :s
    whyy?? =(
    can anyone help me with this? what am i supposed to do to get it working? download another torrent? or is the problem with my laptop?
    i got windows 32-bit vista premium, 3GB RAM, 2.1 Intel Core 2 Duo processor and i think a 256 graphics card.

2. onya

onya Guest

CAUTION..we cannot discuss piracy. In answer to both you're posts...have you read the .NFO file that came with the file download? are you certain you have followed the instructions to the letter? Right click on the .nfo and select 'open with' then choose notepad if you already haven't done so.

3. 3alaawi

3alaawi Member

it said under the PC forums that i should post here problems with getting PC Games backups solved here...
    arent we allowed to discuss downloaded games if theyre for backup purposes only?? well ive downloaded both games for download (yeah lol). sorry if this post isnt allowed you can take it right off if it is (but please dont ban me lol =))
    neither of my downloads have that .nfo file. mgs1 is a single .exe file which installs to 100% and then tries to start the game but closes straight away.
    more importantly mgs2 is doesnt have that file but i get the game menu. when i click run however it asks me to insert the CD. i want it to read the game data off my hard disk cuz i have the entire game saved there? how do i get it to work?
    im very sorry if this post is breaking the rules

4. onya

onya Guest

LOL, no you won't get banned. It's just sometimes certain members talk about hacking, serial numbers, cracking and such, That's what we are not allowed to discuss...not even in PM's.
    If going back to read members comments on the titles you have, turns up nothing, mount the disc on a virtual drive. Even then I suspect it needs to make a media scan/check to make it all work. Do a little asking with the member that gave you the torrent...you never know.
    Please keep in mind that where torrents are concerned, you're at the mercy of whom ever made it. Even then it's entirely possible that it's been mucked about with at some stage. Referring back to where it came from may give you better clues as to why. Don't be too disappointed if the files are crap, it just means you need a better source.
    Fingers crossed that yours are ok, and we can get you playing.

5. 3alaawi

3alaawi Member

mgs1 just started working somehow lol. i jus opened it from the start menu instead of the download folder and it worked! thanx for your help anyway. much appreciated.

6. 3alaawi

3alaawi Member

oh great... the game menu and intro movie work fine, but when i go to new game it asks me to insert a disc! im confused, ive downloaded both game datas for mgs1 and 2. the downloads are 1GB and 3.6GB respectively so im assuming they can only have the game data in them? whats the deal??

7. onya

onya Guest

This is the tricky bit I told you about. Let's assume the torrent maker has done their job properly, so all you need to do now is point to the files on the other disc (where ever you have them stored) and all should go well.
    There are work arounds which can't be discussed here that might get you out of trouble, but I'm not 100% certain how they work. :(
    Did you ask questions where you got the data from?

8. 3alaawi

3alaawi Member

nope its just a torrent website with no means of communicating with the creator of the torrent...
    and im pretty sure we can discuss this if i own the game CD the download is for backup purposes only. but hey im just a newbie and ur the senior member lol.
    well this all looks a bit too complicated for me if there is a way for it do be done anyway. oh well if its a hassle then nevermind it. ive got mgs1 on my psp its just mgs2 thats really doing my head in. i guess ill just be a good citizen and abide by the law by buying the ps2 version for five quid lol.
    and thanks again.