1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microphone on my Laptop

Discussion in 'Audio' started by martaru, Mar 17, 2005.

1. martaru

martaru Member

I've recently bought a new laptop, Acer TravelMate 2700, everything is expected but for one thing. I can't seem to get any microphone to record loudly on it. I pratically have to put it in my mouth and scream to get any recording at all. I have messed around with the audio properties but still it doesn't seem to want to be very loud. I have a second computer upstairs that works like a charm. I use Skype often I bought that laptop so that I could also talk on the move. I'm wondering if it's maybe a hardware thing. If anyone has any ideas as to how I could boost the volume of my mic then I'd be really pleased!

2. wairimu

wairimu Member

Hey, I have exactly the same problem.. Please let me know if you get any tip to solve it.. By the way, is there any internal mic in our travelmate 2700? If affirmative, where is it?

Good luck!

Marco

3. wairimu

wairimu Member

Wow! I have solved the problem. If you still need an help please write me.

Marco

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

The Acer TravelMate 2700 comes with Windows Xp -- if you go to the Control Panel and click on the Sound And Audio Devices Icon --> You will see the Sound and Audio Devices Properties box.

Click ADVANCED -- you will see the Volume Control Window ! Now Click Options -- then Properties and tick RECORDING and OK.,

On the Recording Control window -- under Microphone , click Advanced -- and put a TICK in 1 MIC Boost , close that window. Adjust the slider on the microphone segment all the way UP.

You are done.

@wairimu -- Forum rules prohibits email addresses in a post !! -- Moderators do not appreciate at all. You should edit your post , My Friend. ~~ Smiles.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2005
  5. mave0723

mave0723 Member

Hey guys.

I did all that, the volume, everything possible. Every possible volume control is up to max. Still the signal is to low. The micro functions perfectly with other computers.

Please help me. I already have installed the latest drivers for the sound card.

I want to use my laptop for skype and cant use it.

Thank you so much