1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microphones! Please help

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by yerswtazn, Apr 29, 2007.

1. yerswtazn

yerswtazn Member

i have a yamaha rx-v659 (receiver) and a nice set of omnisat speakers from mirage but i want to be able to sing karaoke and the 659 does not really support multi-inputs. i need something like a mixer that could handle a couple of microphones and give some simple FX (like echo) on the cheap. the problem is that i want the mixer to be able to handle optical in and out so that i can run an optical cable from my dvd player to the mixer and another optical cable from the mixer to my reveiver without losing the digital signal; thus keeping true surround sound while giving me the option to add mic capabilities along with dvd audio when i have huge parties that involve some sort of singing.

does anyone have any solutions? i just want something simple and cost effective.

so, it needs 2 mic inputs or more with (at least) echo FX
    optical in AND out
    cheap and simple.

thanks ahead for every1 who's taken the time to read my post. anything helps.

2. yerswtazn

yerswtazn Member

sorry, i jus realized how complicated i made this post.

i'm jus looking for a mixer that will take optical in from my dvd player mix it with two microphones (with echo FX) and out put it all through optical to a receiver.

any suggestions? the cheaper the better.