1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

microsoft account, outlook.com account

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by rtrg, Apr 7, 2020.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

this is an issue for which there is no answer. I am trying to download an MS OFFICE app. the issue is that I need a valid account to do anything. my current account is locked, cannot create a new one, NO cell phone to receive a text code. any ideas as how I get around this. should I delete my OUTLOOK account in order to start over? how to do that when I cannot get in? catch 22 here.

2. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Go to Start, Settings. Click on Accounts and, then , "Your Info." Under Manage my Microsoft account, click on Sign in with a local account instead." Enter your login password and click on Next. Put in a new account name, and a password (twice) plus a password hint. Click on Sign out and finish." one you sign in again, you now have a local user account instead of the microsoft account. The drawback is that you won't be able sync anything with Microsoft servers ( I would assume that would mean Onedrive). Also, since since a Microsoft Account uses the same password as your e-mail, if you give the e-mail address to someone else, they would be able to log into your Microsoft account. Based on what you said, your Microsoft account is locked so that wouldn't be an issue. I didn't check to see how to unlock a Microsoft account.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

thanks for the info. should this new password be the same as my password I used for my MS locked account? if this works will I use that password to sign in to OUTLOOK.com? or any MS page that requires a password to download or even just ask a simple question of the community?

4. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

5. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

How have you made out on this?

6. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

NO! the system absolutely refuses to allow me to unlock or create a new account! I do NOT have a cell nor does the land line accepted despite the field provided for it. I only need the account in order to contact MS forums or other services that REQUIRES a sign in just to ask a question. that is ridiculous!

7. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

At what point do the Microsoft instructions fail?

8. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

at the start. my land line is rejected, my user name is rejected, my password is rejected, nor can I create a new account using my second active email and a new user name and password. as I said this account is not really a neccesity but it is irritating. there is no useful info posted about how to get around this. and of course MS is unreachable.

9. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

What is your OS?

Also, which app are you looking for?