1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Is Spying on Xbox Users!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by DogBomb, Nov 17, 2004.

1. flynn53

flynn53 Member

i don't know know taht i think about it and i have an xbox i really don't need a mod chip. i mean i play 1 game at once and then after i beat it trade it in, and considering some games like halo2 you would hold on to cause of live ut i mean games don't really cost that much money and there even less used as far as the credit card thing on live, halo 2 comes with a 2 month subscription, and if i needed one i could borow one, but hey you never know it's all irellivent

2. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

To all the people who have a modded xbox and want to play online.....

1. Xlink Kai- is a very popualy alternative to Xbox live being able to play system link enabled games for free anywhere in the world in a few simple steps
    URL: http://teamxlink.co.uk/

2.XB Connect- is pretty much the same as Kai but i found it harder to set up.
    URL: http://www.xbconnect.com/

or if you are not using the Winblows ;) operating system u can go for a program called Aquaduct.(i dont know the URL.. search google).

and the best thing about these three tunneling programs is that there free and [bold]100% LEGAL[/bold] cheers :D

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  3. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Hey one question does that require a broadband setup caus what i'll probley do is run out my 4 month trail for live then go to taht but i don't have roadrunner yet so does the other way require Broadband connection?

4. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

NO it will run on dial up even........ the problem is coping with the pag u will get.

5. flynn53

flynn53 Member

ok i'm going to use my live trial then i'm going to use that other way for free i'm registered under the site

6. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

But doesnt LIVE require BroadBand anyway?

7. flynn53

flynn53 Member

yeah li8ve requires broadband

8. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Dude that xlink is awsome i'm playing it now of dial up it laggs sometimes though

9. flynn53

flynn53 Member

Dude that xlink is awsome i'm playing it now of dial up it laggs sometimes though

10. eaton

eaton Member

if you have the chip, and you want to play online on XBConnect, do you still have to own the game to be able to play or can you play with the copy thats copied on to your hard drive?

11. 121flame

121flame Member

Why do you keep putting M$?

12. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

yes u can play from the burnt game or origional and even the HDD.

13. 121flame

121flame Member

what, where, why?

why you send to me here?

its nothing to do with this subject

14. flynn53

flynn53 Member

ummm I don't know

15. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

the reason M$ is written like that is (i think) because everyone thinks micro$oft is a bunch of money makers that dont do shit....including me.

16. flynn53

flynn53 Member

i dasagree yeah they might make lots of money and be greedy, but as far as customer support microsoft for a company is great, know granted they don't want people modding their xboxs because then they would lose profit know because they frown on it and they kick moddes off live the reasons they do could be if you have a mod how do they know your not using it to illeaglely access live without paying, also you could be trying to mess up other peoples xboxs like sending a virus or something to other xboxs another possibility is tht you are using the mod to someway cheat, the big reason is when you do that your stealing money from xbox buttom line personaly i'm all for modding don't see a thing wrong with it but i understand Microsoft's (aka-M$) point of view and if they didn't frown on mods they might lose some of there loyal paying(not modding) customers.

17. burger

burger Member

yeah but in my opintion modding doesnt allow you to get more lives, more ammo, live longer, none of the above like using a game shark!!! I could see if it did and u went online to play, but you cant!!! In regards to losing some monies in rentals or other venues ok I could see M$ getting pissed. But online play is fair and is in a even playing ground!! The only thing that varies is bandwidth from each player, and this can make it seem like u have a upperhand due to lantancy. not a mod chip

18. flynn53

flynn53 Member

You have a point there but new modds are being made all the time how do you know that yesterday someone didn't just figure outmhow to cheat on live with mod

19. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

we all have our own opinions and thats that ....but that is very unlikely that it will happen. (no 1 really even knows how you get banned and what is checked on the xbox) i think.

20. eaton

eaton Member

but for sure you can play XBConnect with the games on your HDD?