1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Wireless Elite Keyboard Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Cinch, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Cinch

Cinch Regular member

I didn't know where else to put this question, so I dropped it here. If it needs to be somewhere else just toss it over there. Thanks. :)

I have a Microsoft Wireless Elite Keyboard and have been perplexed by this for a long time and I am finally fed up with it. I was hoping someone could give me the right steps to fix it. (Yes, I have looked on the internet, and the help files, but nothing seems to work).

Here is my problem.

It's one of those media style keyboards with all the buttons on top. The problem is with my 'My Music' button. When I click it, it opens the My Music folder on my internal hard drive. The problem is, with as much music as I have that would eat up a good porton of the interal HD so I have all my music on an External HD. Yet, for the life of me I can't figure out how to set the key so that when I click the button on the keyboard, it opens the folder in the External HD.

I know it seems like a simple question, and it probably is, but I can't get anything to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Usually you just go into the keyboard properties and there is a button tab. If there isn't one you probably need to get a new driver for it.

I think you can also download software that will allow you customize the media buttons if that doesn't work.