1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

midi compression

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by skmborder, Aug 29, 2005.

1. skmborder

skmborder Member

so i listen to this guys thread on how to make your own ringtones with razorlame and audacity. well i decided i would make my ringtone straght to a midi file from audacity when i exported it. it worked and all and i noticed how each ringtone was approx 300 kbs (give or take) so i sent them to my phone and when i went to my camera it shot up from 30% used to 70% just from 5 ringtones. then i looked at the ringtones i had already downloaded and they are only about 70 kbs (give or take) thus me asking for help. HOW DO I COMPRESS A MIDI FILE?!?!?! if u could please help, thank you. p*_p* <-- fighting person he he.

2. ProRunner

ProRunner Member

3. Crunchee

Crunchee Member

I've got full length midi files that I'm wanting to shorten so I can download it to my phone and use them as ringtones. Would I be able to do that with this software? If so how? Or could someone please advise me of another proggy that would be alot simpler for a n00b?

Chin, Chin.