1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be more of a hardware question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by donnyo, Dec 22, 2004.

1. donnyo

donnyo Guest

I have a Dell system and have been using shrink and decrypter to burn movies for about 6 months now without a problem. Now, all of a sudden, my computer will not recognize the movies on dvd. When I put the dvd in, a few noises and then nothing. Every now and then, it will recognize and play. None of my programs work--windows media player, dell entertainment program, real player, even shrink comes up with 'no disc' when I try to open it for backup. Stanger though is that everytime I put in one of my burned copies the computer recognizes those disks every time. And I am using some CHEAP media for those. I have already upgraded the DVD Decoder and no change. Hardware problem or is there something out there I can just download?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

So your pc will not detect originals right? but will detect and play backups? <--- so much easier to say it that way :)

I'm guessing possible software conflict.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

The mother would of course recognize her baby. *_*
    Anyway, another possibility is your burner has become slightly out of tune. You may check its integrity by running a diagnostic test with a software that can do that. If you have Nero, you may begin with it.