1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MINI DV TO DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by rookytata, Mar 21, 2005.

1. rookytata

rookytata Member

Hi all i want to make my homw mini dv cassets to dvd's can i get some help on some instructions on how to due this i have a dvd burner and a mini dv camera please refur me to some goos free soft ware i can use to transef all my information to a dvd disc

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well First you are going to Have to Transfer the Video from your DV Camcorder to your Hard Drive...

Your Camcorder should have come with Capture Software But if it Didn"t Do a Google search for a program called "WinDV" or "DVIO" which you can use to Capture from your Camcorder to your Hard Drive....

If you want the Best Quality then you are Going to have to spend some Money on a Good Mpeg encoder to convert your DV AVI files to Mpeg-2 for DVD and a Good DVD Authoring Program so you can add menu"s and Chapters and to Make the DVD But if you don"t really Care a Lot about the Quality and don"t need any Menu"s or Chapters on your DVD then you should Download "VSO DiVxToDVD" which will Convert your AVI files and Output them as a "Video_TS" folder which you Just have to Burn to DVD in "DVD Video" Mode useing something like Nero....

Cheers