1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minimum Track Length in Nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Carnivore, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Carnivore

Carnivore Guest

I need to put short sounds onto individal tracks of an audio CD. Some of the sounds are as short as one second long, and Nero is not letting me drag those tracks into the compilation window. I get an error message saying "Minimum track length 2 seconds".

I know some other CD burning software programs will fix the problem for you by adding silence to the end of short tracks to make them comply with red book standards. Other programs will display a warning that the track length is not within standards and ask if you want to proceed anyway. But Nero isn't letting me do anything with it. It just gives me the error message and I'm stuck not being able to use the track at all.

Is there any way around this problem (other than editing each individual track to add silence with an audio editor?)

2. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

The minimum lenght is 4 seconds, therefore I think it counts 2 seconds + 2 seconds pauses. Try to set the pause to 3 or 4 seconds for the next track.