1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

minmi mp4 player

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by epbwldude, Jul 27, 2006.

1. epbwldude

epbwldude Member

Ok, so I got a cheap mp4 player off of ebay, 1gb etc. Newho wondering if there is a way to change the backround picture from the picture of flowers that are currently on there? As well, i cannot get the player to recognize videos, do I need to convert them to a specific type?

2. sw2p2006

sw2p2006 Member

I too bought the same mp4 player. My problem is that my collection is almost entirely WMA format but this is not accepted by MINMI's conversion program. Do you have a solution?

Thanks in advance.
    Steven

3. kcdc30

kcdc30 Regular member

a program called mp3 player utilities 3.68 will convert video to amv format, which the player should read. do not download the newer version, it does not work, use only 3.68 for now. are either of these the "yepo" brand? as far as the background picture, i don't know, on the yepo there is the option in setup to change the icons from dynamic to more of a windows look. dynamic has the fancy little moving icons and the other is just basic icons in rows.

4. sw2p2006

sw2p2006 Member

Thanks for the input. I have tried the said utilities 3.68 but keep getting error. The instructions said WMV files , not WMA, are accepted for conversion. So I am still searching. Is there any other software?

5. kcdc30

kcdc30 Regular member

you're doing audio not video i think,maybe i'm confused. isn't wma windows media audio? if so, i use db poweramp to convert .wma audio files to mp3's. .wmv is windows media video i think, not entirely sure, but i think you need a liscence to play those and only in windows media player, but i could be way off on this as i don't use windows media player at all for anything. anyway, i use db poweramp for all my mp3 converting. it is freeware, but i don't remember whether the freeware would convert .wma. the free one will convert wave files for sure. the full version will convert anything and everything i've came across, even .ape files. i have no idea what those are, but it will convert them.

6. sc12306

sc12306 Member

Hi! I just bought a new minmi MP4 player. When I plugged the cable into the USB in my laptop, it stated Unknown Device.
    When I looked into the Device Manager, it stated No drivers installed for this device.
    Do you all have this problem too?
    I have the same problem using the desktop computer!
    Can anyone help me?

7. sw2p2006

sw2p2006 Member

I found a working converter at this site :
    http://ac-pepe.pl/acpepe8/MP3set3_68-B/

THere are quite a few surprises even after correctly converting the format. The AMV files thAt you transfer to the player will not show up anywhere. Only MP3 files can be seen from the music option.
    Also, the clock is haywire - not keeping time at all.
    If you have other solutions, pls report here.

8. kcdc30

kcdc30 Regular member

mp3 player utilities 3.68 creates amv video and puts the files into a folder, then i just click on the file, click the edit tab and move the files to drive f:, which is what my player shows up as. on my player i made a folder that says videos that i move them into, the folder only shows when it is plugged into the computer but the player recognizes them either way. i just do it to keep things organized. when you say the clock is haywire, do you mean the built in players clock? or the video time count? a few of my videos have shown 99 minutes before when they are 5 minute music videos, but the playback was non affected and it doesn't take up 99 minutes worth of room so i ignore it.

9. sw2p2006

sw2p2006 Member

I see - so you move an entire folder at a time? I moved individual .amv files and then could find them in the player folders anywhere, but they can be seen when the player is connected to the PC/notebook together with other preinstalled demo files under f: or e:
    The clock I am referring to is the one under SYSTEM. Each time I check, the time would be out - I am quite sure I set it right the previous time.

10. kcdc30

kcdc30 Regular member

the clock, i have no idea. i mainly put them in a folder to keep organized so i don't have 20 music videos and 600 mp3's all jumbled in one place. searching through 600 songs on the player would suck. the only program i've found that actually works for video is the mp3 player utilities 3.68. tried 3 others and had no luck. can't remember the names now except 1, which was videora 9 for ipod mp4's. didn't work. same thing happenned to me with that software that is happenning to you. the player is a flash drive, so it will hold anything, even pc games, which is handy for transferring files from one pc to another. i think that for some reason that software is not formatting the video right. it says .amv but maybe it's the right file extension but not really readable by the player. try a different software maybe.

11. mya82

mya82 Member

hi..i need guidance..what should i do coz i just bought a new minmi mp4 player..i try to transfer file from pc to mp4 but this message appear "CANNOT CREATE OR REPLACE FOLDER. THE PARAMETER IS INCORRECT"..plz help urgently...

thanks in advance.

12. kcdc30

kcdc30 Regular member

i'm assuming that this is a drag and drop mp4. does your player show up as a drive under my computer? are you transferring video or music? are transferring 1 file at a time or a full folder?

13. sw2p2006

sw2p2006 Member

If you keep getting mysterious problems like these, best to return the player. I have done that and am now using a Samsung - much better sound and reliability. Paid more $$ of course.

14. mya82

mya82 Member

kcdc30,
    it appear as driver in my computer. not only video or mp3 but jpeg file also cannot been transfer.

sw2p2006,
    anyway thnks for advice. i will try to send it back.

15. kcdc30

kcdc30 Regular member

you're not using mac are you? mine shows up as drive f:. using windows xp. you should be able to drag files and drop them in the mp4. essential, it is a flash drive.

16. mya82

mya82 Member

i'm not using mac. using windows xp. it cannot drag n drop. i dun know why. have any idea?

17. kcdc30

kcdc30 Regular member

mystery to me. sorry. sounds like the computer is not recognizing it as a flash drive.

18. AndZ9999

AndZ9999 Member

pls help me.. i got this minmi mp4.. and it worked rily well.. except for the fact that it loads very slowly.. one day, i was uploading songs, then i accidentally pressed something(i think).. and all the songs were hidden... even from the comp.. but the memory, when i checked, was still occupied.. pls help..

19. N3WB13

N3WB13 Member

I had also bought this mp4 and I had the same problem as you AndZ9999

20. along6488

along6488 Member

Hi, i just bought a minmi mp3 and mp4 player, it work really well for a while, but then all of the sudden the player just isn't working. it still shows some kind of life but it cannot be detected on the pc, so can anyone suggest something???