1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minor change to "List of all updated threads"

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Jan 4, 2006.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

As I personally use the "List of all updated threads" feature constantly on forums, one thing has annoyed me for ages, but never had time to fix it. Anyway, now its done -- now the headers in between the threads that state which forum room the messages are posted to, acts as a link to that forum room's main page.

2. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

Thanks. Just something else to make our lives easier.

3. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

i always us the threads without replies... i guess we are from opposite ends

4. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Same here Phantom. Couldn't stand my inbox getting clogged up with message replies. I just look at the newest threads and reply.

5. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

fair enough, i logged on today with 60 thread replies in my email inbox... arghhh <!>

6. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

I don't get it! I get an e-mail for every comment added.

It's Very annoying, some are in my inbox some are in my bulk,(yahoo)

I get all kinda junk mail also, I hate deleteing/sorting them all out before I can read my mail.

7. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

NINVIN21: That is a known problem that we're going to take care of during this summer -- meaning that while forums work in a way that they send you max 1 msg per subscribed thread per day, news comments send out an email everytime a comment is added.

8. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Well thanxs doc for the improvment. in regards to the numerous commments added to the news articles it doesnt bother me but I can see why for others that dont check their email as often as some of us regulars do it does add up.

9. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

yeah, personally. i like the updated threads. it keeps me "updated" because when im logged onto my MSN a notification will pop up and say You have received an Email from Afterdawn or whatever then i click..and im there :D...so i find it easy when theres a thread that im having a "mini-conversation" in. but threads i dont keep track of are like The Word Association Game and like...The Neverending story(what happened to that??) they are just topo mmuch.

=pepsimaxx=

10. Jamaal10

Jamaal10 Regular member

You could always get a GMail account. It bundles all of the replies for one thread into one single email with ( ), showing the number of replies.