1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mio 220s gps

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by blubyu, Dec 28, 2007.

1. blubyu

blubyu Member

I haven't seen a lot on gps units here yet.
    Just picked up a Mio 220s for xmas. Thought I'd give a little review on it and maybe others have some tips or work arounds for it.
    I'm impressed with the maps, very up to date. Preloaded with 1 million POI's (points of interest) including emergency contacts w/address and phone #s - ie: hospitals, dentists etc. Same with restaurants, gas stations etc. I live in northern alberta canada in a small rural area, but it still listed most of the local businesses. I didn't list West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton though - strange. I'm impressed with the maps and contacts. Routes are pretty accurate, but picking the most economical/fastest route does make a difference in the route it choses. So far I'm impressed with it.
    One thing I did find - it only comes with a car charger. I have a duracell battery charger that I use for recharging ipods for. I use my camera usb cable to recharge it on that charger.

2. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

Recently bought a Magellan Maestro 3225.... Pretty satisfied...

3. blubyu

blubyu Member

I really can't compare it to anything else - haven't used them before. Do you use the Magellan much?
    I'm surprised there's not much about gps here.