1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

misaligned sound with TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by smaue, Apr 22, 2004.

1. smaue

smaue Member

In attempting to back-up a DVD I followed the steps from DVD Decrypter, to DVD2AVI, to TMPGEnc, but the produced MPEG had sound that was slightly delayed. It got worse towards the end of the movie. What causes this, and how can I fix it?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are you backing up this DVD to DVD or to VCD or SVCD???
    Since this is the VCD/SVCD Section I will assume it is one of those...
    I also do not know if you are Backing up a NTSC DVD or a Pal DVD but I will assume it is a NTSC DVD...
    OK..In DVD2AVI did you go to "Video" to "Field Operations" and set it to "Forced Film" before makeing the Project file??
    You should allmost allways use this setting when backing up a NTSC DVD....
    Also it is Better to set under "Audio" to "Dolby Digital" and set it to "Demux" which will give you a Dolby Digital AC3 audio file Which you will have to decode to wav with a program Like "Headac3he"...
    DVD2AVI can sometimes change the audio Length when it decodes the AC3 audio to Wav so it is best to use a Program that is more reliable at encodeing audio like Headac3he....
    Als under "Audio" allways have the "48->44.1KHZ" setting set to "OFF" because useing this to resample can also cause the Sync problems....

Now when you are encodeing this Project File made by DVD2AVI in Tmpgenc Make sure you use the "NTSC Film" template and not the Plain NTSC Template....
    And in Tmpgenc go to "Option" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Audio Engine" and under "Sampleing Frequency Converter" set it to "High Quality" this can also help potential sync problems....

If you PM me with your E-Mail address I can send you a copy of "Headac3he" with all of the .Dll files it needs to run and give you instructions on how to use it to Decode the AC3 audio file to Wav so you can encode it in Tmpgenc without sync problems....Cheers

3. Token04

Token04 Member

I also followed the steps from DVD Decrypter, to DVD2AVI, to TMPGEnc, but the produced MPEG had sound that was ahead of the video. I followed Minion's recommendations except I couldn't download "Headac3he" and used "Ac3Tool by Ciler". The WAV file created seems ok, but when I encode, I am still getting sound ahead of the video. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.