1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miss Windows XP? Get it Back With Zorin OS

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by ireland, Oct 22, 2015.

1. ireland

ireland Active member

Miss Windows XP? Get it Back With Zorin OS

If you’re one of those old school Windows users who loved Windows XP, but found yourself missing many things about it as the world progressed onto Windows 7, 8 and now 10 — have I got a treat for you!

Introducing Zorin OS, the alternative Windows XP.

Okay, Zorin OS isn’t officially affiliated with Microsoft in any way. Nor is it even marketed as a Windows XP alternative, but the truth is that it is just about the nearest Linux Distro you’ll find to Windows XP anywhere.

Zorin offers both a full featured version and a “lite” version meant for older hardware. If you’re running this on a PC that used to run Windows XP, then odds are good you’ll want to go with the lite version.

Installing Zorin OS
    Installing Zorin OS is about as easy, if not easier, than any other Linux Distro you might have installed in the past. The process is pretty much the same.

You’ll want to download the distro from the Zorin website (it’s free, obviously – this is Linux after all), and burn it to a DVD. Personally I prefer CDBurner XP to do this

READ MORE
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-xp-zorin-os/

2. aldan

aldan Active member

i think its closer to win7 than xp.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

and it doesn't work.. these things are all based on the old (and unusable) linxp core (lin-win.. remember that farce?) .. people think they are windoze and then they can't get anything to run.. or if it does it's too buggy to be usable.. basically they are linux with wine.. so maybe a few old.. (and I mean OLD) win98 programs "might" work.. anything you will want to do on a serious workstation won't.. and so.. if you want xp then bloody well install it.. otherwise use linux and it's native programs which work a treat !!

Hell.. if you want to be "different" then why not QNX or if you feel really brave there's Haiku .. of course there's no software for either.. b4cause obviously.. like this.. NOBODY is using it seriously

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Concur zorin is buggy crap & i found it to be quite unstable