1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing channels and the Kryptview A780

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by AbsDigi, Jan 6, 2012.

1. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

I have several missing (eg FX and ITV + 1) and wanted to monitor how often channels go missing-It's part of the fun of having a box :)
    Is it best to wait till they return or should one always do a Factory Reset and new Scan every week as that is the only way to get them back? And why do channels go missing?Is it true that they least popular ones are more likely to disappear for a few days?
    Thanks again!

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

why would you scan them, the krypt has auto scan, so just leave the box in standby and it will do it, chans come and go, regardless of which are popular

3. AbsDigi

AbsDigi Regular member

Thanks for that,MICKAH. When you say standby, does that mean I should not turn off the box or the internet connection but it is okay to turn off the TV?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

leave it in standby for about 40 mins and it will scan the network for chans, will do this regardless of being connected to the net, you can turn the TV off

5. justrick

justrick Member

just put my kv on and all i get is the easy instalation screen and cant seem to exit to tv its drivin me mad can anyone help

6. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

is its the instalation page that your on.
    press instalation and either rescan the box or do a factory default.

7. justrick

justrick Member

have been doing that all day but cant seem to get all my channels back only seem to be getting the crap channels . last time i went for a rescan it took me nearly a week of constant scanning till i got all my channels back it seems to be pot luck as to how many tp`s you get from scan to scan lowest is about 48 highest so far is 73 and we all know more tp`s more channels

8. wellred

wellred Member

my box has no channels tried flashing and scanning but all it says is tp1 scans for 2 seconds and thats that nothing any ideas

9. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

my box is 12 months and 2 days old today, im surprised its still working to be honest after 12 months.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

what do you mean you tried flashing?what firmware is on it in system info?

11. justrick

justrick Member

got all my channels back finally. took me nearly 2 weeks of rescanning just at random times.with varying results . i found the best way is not to wait for the network i.d.s to come up and just keep pressing enter repeatedly untill it starts to scan it doesnt seem to matter which network you use nearest or furthest but by doing it this way it seems to get the strongest.also if you have scanned and got nothing then factory reset, and turn the box off for a few seconds then turn back on and rescan. had my box over 18 months now not as good as eurovox was but what do you want for free

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  12. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

justrick, when the network ids come up and you hit ok on the remote straight away,
    does your area network not come up like. glasgow .manchester .leeds.liverpool.
    my network id comes up as glasgow so i just press ok on the glasgow id and it
    scans no problem,

13. justrick

justrick Member

i dont wait for the network i.d.s to come up as soon as ive pressed the green button to start the scan i start pressing the enter button repeatedly untill it says its continuing with the scan . so i never know which network its scanning . but it seems better when i switch off for a few seconds just after ive done my reset then switch back on and continue. if it come up with less than 55 tp.s then i reset straight away and start again.its the only way ive been able to get all my channels back.doing it the normal way has sometimes taken me months this way its pot luck but never takes me more than a few days .but thats doing it a couple of times a day as i couldnt be arsed keeping on at it all the time .if i get most channels i usually leave it that day and try again the next.hope this is of some use to you keep plugging away youl get there

14. pollyton7

pollyton7 Member

Everything has been very good, just lost both racing channels,534. 536. they dont show up on scan. anybody else. cheers

15. tonyd1956

tonyd1956 Member

I have attheraces but no Racing UK and Cheltenham is on there!!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  16. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

same here m8 it allways seems to be the racing uk that goes down,

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  17. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

invest in a dm500, same quality but you will have to buy in to a share, upsets me when i see the kv threads lately, i moved to sat and got a dm800 hd, never looked back guys

18. pollyton7

pollyton7 Member

just wondering how they can delete one channel,seems strange racing uk
    missing with Cheltenham week ATR has no coverage, that channel ok.

19. ScotsBabe

ScotsBabe Member

hey guys can any1 tell me if v***** can detect where u have a kryptview plugged in to there superhub x

20. ScotsBabe

ScotsBabe Member

whether*