1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by zaj, Jul 18, 2007.

1. zaj

zaj Guest

hi new to this site but looks kind of cool and friendly, missing s-y spor8s 1 and s-y spor8s 2, live in west london area any help would be appreciated,do i just need to scan my s/view stb, or enter new codes.thanxs.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If you have a Starview 2 called the box, you will find them at the bottom of your channel list they will be named something like TV***, stars denote numbers.

3. zaj

zaj Guest

hi m8 this is not the box, previous original s/v not copy model.cheers.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK try a manual scan at these frequencies.

s*y SPORT 1 491.000
    s*y SPORT 2 411.000

I have heard people are having problems with these channels in your area, could be a VM problem.

5. zaj

zaj Guest

hi m8 how to do a manual scan, sorry but im kind of new to this technical minded issues. hope im not asking to much your help is much appreciated.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem. Press menu, press installation, type in the frequency I gave you, (you can only do one freq at a time in manual scan). Go down to where it says disable and press right arrow on remote to enable, thats it.

7. zaj

zaj Guest

hi m8 thanks for your information, im at work at the moment should be finishing around 5pm, will try when i get home,let you know how i get on tommorow,once again thanks a million, speak to soon.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem hope it works out.

9. zaj

zaj Guest

Hi Scouser thank you for your information its working fine?
    one more question can the s/v pick up film fles movies if so how? if not whats the reason, just curious.
    once again thank you for your help, hope the rest of the guys are as helpful as you, im sure they will be, from the forum that i have been reading you seem to be a good team.
    thanxs

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Good to see you have your channels back :) If you are talking about film flex I dont think you can, as VM do not provide this service, I am not 100% sure though but I do doubt it.

Everyone is helpful here :) A good team, yes I suppose you are right there m8 thank you :)

11. zaj

zaj Guest

i did mean film flex; thanks for your reply.

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem you are welcome :)