1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing DLL file preventing game start-up. (Ship Simulator 2008)

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Vicious88, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

My copy of Ship Simulator has stopped working and is giving an error message about aco_particlecheck.dll right after the splash screen finishes loading.

I've searched my computer for aco_particlecheck.dll but have found no trace of it - presumably this is what's causing my error. Upon searching google for a fix, I found nothing but a couple of prevx results saying they were looking into wether or not the dll was virus-related, and seeing as it's part of a game, I kind of doubt it.

I've tried un-installing the game, cleaning the registry and defragmenting the computer and then finally re-installing the game... Yet, much to my amazement, the aco_particlecheck.dll error presists and the aco_particlecheck.dll file is no where to be found.

So here am, Afterdawn, respectfully asking for help. If you have the aco_particlecheck.dll file on your computer and don't exceptionally mind copying and uploading it for me, that would be wonderful. I don't know what the chances are of having it without having Ship Simulator 2008, or even if the file is native to some other program -- but any info or assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.