1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing drivers after XP install

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by cremated, Apr 27, 2007.

1. cremated

cremated Member

hows it goin? I have just installed XP onto a computer with the following specs (it is a hp pavillion a1325a):
    Intel pentium 4 2.93 GHz
    Onboard ATI RADEON X200 256MB Graphics
    Asterope Version 1.0 motherboard
    ATI Chipset Model RS400/200

in device manager it is was originally telling me that i was missing video controller driver, pci device driver and unknown device driver.
    I downloaded ati catalyst x200 driver pack and it gave me a video controller driver but still no sound. In control panel it says no audio device. It use to have realtek hd audio manager before i reinstalled XP so i downloaded the realtek ac'97 driver and that didnt work. Im pretty sure the ATi catalyst driver pack i downloaded was not the right one. Are my problems stemming from the system not registering the integrated ATi X200? What should i do?

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

First of all.....after any installation of Windows, the next thing is the chipset. That preps Windows for all the devices on the motherboard.

Sometimes, the chipset drivers include the onboard graphics...others do not.

The best way to get drivers for an OEM system is to get them from the manufacturer...in this case, HP.

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

After you did the installation and then ran windows did you go to windows update and get an update for your sound drivers. This happen to me once and i went and updated my drivers via windows update and rebooted my computer and everything was peachy again.