1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing MUTV & other Channels NTL Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SG8, Mar 13, 2009.

1. stevie_g8

stevie_g8 Guest

hi guys, i'm in dublin 01.. as far as i read all your comments about the box super, it cant be fix and will keep losing channels everyday.. but could anyone tell me if i need to buy another box or will the box super will be back to normal again?
    cuase all my sports channels(skysports and setanta) are gone, all my sky movies(comedy, action, drama, premier, everything) is gone..
    can anyone sort me out..
    will it be back to normal?

2. eoin_b

eoin_b Member

Basically know one knows what will happen.... They might be able to write new firmware to crack NAGRA 3 or maybe u'll have to buy a new box that can decode it.U'll have to wait and see

3. SG8

SG8 Active member

Or maybe neither... a new box may not come on the scene and new firmware may not be able to decode Nagra 3.

4. snewpee

snewpee Member

As far as I know the kryptview latest firmware works with nagra 3, but what about all the other boxes like eurovox and starview? Anyone have any odeas?

5. satguy99

satguy99 Member

stay positive because if I have learned one thing over the past 10 years its that encryption systems come and go, and its in the encryption industries interest for all encryptions to fail otherwise they would all go out of business in a very short space of time, so my advice is sit and wait do NOT buy another box or card or gizmo, nag3 is next years old news

6. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

The Kryptview is using a temporary fix that is still only Nagra 2. When Nagra 2 is switched off totally and the changeover is complete to Nagra 3 it will need a fix the same as all SV's, euro's etc.

7. Novice99

Novice99 Regular member

In a very short period of time all current boxes except kryptview will be useless as they do not support nagra 2 or nagra 3.

Nagra 2 is just a temporary stop for Nthell while they roll out new nagra 3 smartcards for their own official digiboxes. As soon as this happens the kryptview will also be useless, so I would urge caution when purchasing kryptview as you may not get long enough out of it to make back your money vs paying subscription.

Lets be honest, and I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade, but it is the box manufacturers and/or customizers who break the encryption and write the software so they can sell more boxes. If nagra 3 is to be broken it will most likely to take a huge amount of investment by one or more of the box manufacturers and they are not going to do this just to release it free of charge for boxes they have already sold and cannot make any more money on. If software is developed to decrypt nagra 3, the developers will require a return on their investment and therefore will almost certainly customise it into a whole new generation of box that will cost considerably more than those that are fast becoming obsolete.

satguy99 has summed it all up above, stay positive and don’t bother wasting your money on another box until the Nagra 3 issue has been resolved. We cannot be certain when it will happen but we can be certain that it will.

Keep your ears pierced for developments!

8. daveray12

daveray12 Member

dbox has issues in d9. looks like no new keys will be available for this for quiet some time?

9. poolfan81

poolfan81 Regular member

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

they have only started to change to n2 so there will be a little bit of a gap in between n3 how long is anyone's guess but its not going to be over night

so enjoy what you have left and for the kryp users get the most out of your boxes now

11. ciskz

ciskz Guest

No there changing to N3 all new cards are N3.

The reason N2 is still present is the UPC DVRs last year were running nagra 2, so when they all get new cards, they will knock of the N2 process and no box will work currently.

The N2 fix is just exploiting that loophole. UPC cant knock of N2 until the DVRs have there new cards.

So there may be no gap at all, when the main channels go down, they could very well knock of N2, if every one has the new N3 card.

12. skymacfly

skymacfly Member

sky sports 3 + sky sports xtra gone nthell f*ckers

13. JaneyMack

JaneyMack Regular member

Time to switch over to watching box set after box set, go to the pub, buy a console or watch the standard channels.

Still quite a few options while we wait for the codebreakers to do their stuff.

14. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Hey, good to see you posting Novice! :)

Hope all's well with you. :)

15. KWALL99

KWALL99 Member

Buy a Wii get it chipped, and play backed up games!!

16. yundazhu

yundazhu Member

Buy a Wii, softmod it yourself in about 3mins after a little googling and then play backups.

17. troutalan

troutalan Regular member

Just a note to say sly sprts 1 and 2 gone now... 12.20pm.... lets all go to the lobby... lets all go to the lobby.... its back to watching the rte muppets for now!!! lol

18. RakerBoy

RakerBoy Member

yep sly sports gone today god dammit or maybe they are just playing an april fools joke and all the channels will be back 2nite

19. oconbren

oconbren Regular member

RakerBoy -- U in Dublin ? i'm in swords on Ch**** and i still have all channels

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ch**us areas are not affected as of yet.