1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing the original dashboard, did not back up C: (1.1 xbox)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by eeskee, Jan 5, 2004.

1. eeskee

eeskee Guest

Yes, I know it's stupid to not back up the C: in the first place, but it's a little too late for that now.

I don't have the orignal xboxdash.xbe on my xbox anymore, just the evoxdash.xbe. I'd like to put it back on, just because having the wrong time on my xbox is starting to annoy me. Plus, I'd like to use xbox live sometime in the future. I have a version 1.1 xbox.

I have heard of Slayer's installer to fix the problem, but I am on dialup and cannot download the entire 100MB file. I also heard that in order fo fix the problem, Slayer's has to reformet the drives. I'd like to keep all the files that I prestently have on it. However, I did download the retail bioses from #xbins, but I do not know how to use them. They're .rar files, and the file inside is in the xxxx.bin format. If someone could help me out by sending me an original dash, or telling my how to use the .bin files, it'd help me out TONS. My email is huggybear9@hotmail.com Thanks in advance.

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Have you tried inserting an Original game that support Xbox Live to see if it will update your dashboard? About the retail bioses, that won't help you since your problem is the dahboard not the bios.

3. eeskee

eeskee Guest

I threw in DDR Ultramix, but nothing happened. Is it supposed to update it automatically? I tried going into the the xbox live option, and attempted to create a new account, and the xbox froze with a black screen. I'm assuming this all happened because the actual xboxdash.xbe file is NOT in the C: of my xbox, and I currently don't even have xbox live access on my xbox. But it was worth a shot.

4. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

check my site under the "XBOX Downloads" :D hehe

5. ABMone

ABMone Guest

Or you could use an autoinstaller like Xavier to install an M$ dash

there is 4 versions on it.

6. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

or that... ;)

7. eeskee

eeskee Guest

G4MERZO1D, I tried the file on your website, ftped it to my xbox, and received an error 21 message when I tried to launch it. I forgot to mention that I have an NTSC xbox, if that has anything to do with it.

Can someone point me in the direction to find the Xavier autolaunchers? I have looked all over #xbins and google searched for it, and couldn't fine a good place to start. Or, if someoen could please send a version 1.1 xboxdash.xbe to me, send it to the email address [bold]emoskito@yahoo.com[/bold] (forget the huggybear9@hotmail.com address previously posted).

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

8. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

ah that would be why then with your box being NTSC, sorry it didnt work :/
    just look around the usual places for Slayers Auto Installer.....

9. shallow

shallow Guest

Just use an IRC client that supports resume for slayers. Im on dial-up and got it in about 10 hours aver 2 sessions. Just let it run all night.