1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing VOB In Recode

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by niners78, Mar 31, 2007.

1. niners78

niners78 Member

I am using Nero 6 Ultra w/ Nero Recode 2.2.6.17. I have never had a problem with this program until now. I use Any DVD to decode a movie and when I have to switch out the dvd's I get the error "Required VTS_17_O.VOB not present." Can some one help me on this. I have backed up many other movies with no problem but now this has come up. I apologize if this has been talked about but when I did a search I could not find the answer.

2. Rawking

Rawking Member

AnyDVD released a HD version in February, were you trying to back up an HD movie? Other than that, you could always try another DVD decryter program, like DVDFab Platinum and see if that works. Just my 2 cents. -Bill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AnyDVD

3. Rawking

Rawking Member

I guess I should have said in the first reply that I don't think it's the Nero software that is the problem. I could be totally wrong. I would try to decrypt the movie, use Nero Recode to back it up onto your HDD (instead of burning, you can write the movie to HDD), and see what happens. If it backs up onto your HDD (and then actually plays in Nero Showtime), then maybe it's the Nero burning software that could be the problem. If you can't even back the movie up onto your hard drive, it might be the decrypter software not working. Good luck.
    It will be interesting to see other responses and possible soulutions.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I agree w/ Rawking - I don't think it's Nero.
    It sounds like your doing one of the newer Sony's - which movie are you backing up?

If it is one of the newer Sony's Recode will work w/ AnyDVD doing movie only. Make sure AnyDVD is up to date too.

You can also rip 1st w/ DVDFab Decrypter (free) then open those files in Recode.

5. niners78

niners78 Member

Binkie7,
    In using DVDFab Decrypter, is it compressed or uncompressed? I am trying to backup Open Season. When I tried to back up Rocky (the newest one out)I had the same problem but I thought it was a fluke and gave up. If I can fix this problem then I will go back and try Rocky again. Are there other programs that work with the new Sony Movies. In your opinion what is the best one to use. I have tried DVD43, Region Free and now AnyDVD. Thank you.

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yep both of those movies have Sony's latest ARccOS and a ton of bad sectors. Reason you get that error with Recode doing a full back up.

If you want the full movie on these use AnyDVD w/ CloneDVD. CloneDVD also has a 21 day free trial.

Or rip w/ DVDFabDecrypter then open those files in Recode. DVDFab will rip the whole disc - uncompressed.

Both of these will handle anything out there - even the 2 you are having problems with.

I would dump (uninstall) DVD43 - hasn't been updated in awhile & can cause conflicts.