1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi WD65511 Moving black bars

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jcalton88, Mar 12, 2010.

1. jcalton88

jcalton88 Regular member

Ok, the tvs old. But been used very sparingly (second tv in home in downstairs so not used much at all). Black bars just started appearing. They do not appear when on the blue "no input" screen, or on a "snowy" channel with no signal.

I have tried with the Coaxial jack and a regular RCA jack, both have the black bars. It seems lighter images such as the sky on video games or a white background commercial they show up a lot more. The bars vary in size from 1" thick to 3" thick and sometimes stay in one spot and sometimes move up and down, mainly in the bottom portion of the screen.

I've searched and searched online and can only find things about burn in, which I know this isn't. The lines go all the way across the screen. When playing a game if I looked at the sky the bar would appear across the sky and if I moved the view back down it would go away.

Thats pretty much all the info I have, anybody have an idea?

2. david66

david66 Regular member

it sounds lie the tv is picking up 60 cycle hum from from your power cords or your connecting cables from your equipment