1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mixing software? (10 short MP3s to make one)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by J-Kwon, Sep 3, 2005.

1. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Hello, I have Audacity and LAME MP3 Encoder and i picked out bits of traks i liked now i have alot of short MP3s so I'm looking for a piece of software (doesn't matter how much it costs) to join them to make a remix.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Can it be done? if so i would really like to crack on with my project :p

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

well if cost isn't an issue, you can always go with a full blown professional audio editor Pro Tools. It comes with its own hardware. For under $500 you get an MBOX with 2 channels in/out at 48k with SPDIF and Pro Tools 6.9 LE which supports 32 tracks of audio and 99 of midi.

this would probably be overkill, but you do need a multi-track editor (in other words single track editors like audacity, goldwave, sound forge, and adobe audition won't work.) other multi-trakers include cubase and reason, which can use the computer's audio card, and aren't as expensive as pro tools

4. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Yes i have heard of cubase and reason but I wasn't sure what they did, U was looking to but software not hardware. Is there one piece of software where you can mix mp3s and add different part of mp3s to other mp3s?

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

well all of those will. you need a multi-track editor, which is all of those are. but cubase and reason can use the computer's sound card, where as the more high-end pro tools utilizes its own hardware. I'm sure there are other lower end and cheaper multi-track editors, just try a google search for "multi-track audio editor"

6. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

A mate of mine has a copy of Steinberg SX v.3.0 will that do the job? Thanks so far dj :p

7. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Ow i have an unused sound card because I have Harmon Kardon Soundstick (USB) thanks :p

8. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

if you get stuck again with this issue here is a trick place all of the short mp3's into the playlist on windows media player

then purchase a program called audio record wizard you can download the trial version at www.download.com then the software will give you the links to purchase the software it is about 30.00 for the software install the software

hit record

give it a file name like booger.mp3 or what ever you are recording

click save then quickly press play on windows media player when done press stop on the recorder and the player

then thats it

also when you first install audio record wizard make sure the audio record wizard is recording from the sound card not the microphone

9. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Could Steinberg SX v.3.0 do the job? I only have the Harmon/Kardon USB speakers and sub in at the minite and thy don't use my sound card

10. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

djscoop, could I do it using Cubase SX3 I have purchased the program now, do i need to use my sound card for it to work as I only have Harmon/Kardon Soundsticks in at the mo and there USB! Thanks

11. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah cubase is a very good multi-tracker, and can use the computers soundcard...it doesn't require its own hardware. If I'm not mistaken cubase does need a dongle key though, unless your buddy has a cracked version

12. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

I got Cubase going but it has no sound even though my speakers are in good working order

13. djscoop

djscoop Active member

is it a actual version with the dongle key, or a cracked version? I remember acquiring a cracked version a while ago and it didn't work. But check the settings in cubase and see if it sees your soundcard

14. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Thats the point I aint using my sound card I'm using USB Speakers,

Also on the cracked thing H20 DVD Derlium ring any bells?

I'll try using my sound card to see if it makes a difference

15. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Yes it is the cracked version but i can get onto the program but without sound :( Seems like a good program though, and not as complicated as some people make out

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  16. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah thats the same one I tried. so even with your regular sound card no luck? how are you trying to test it? have you imported an audio file in cubase and trying to play it on a track?

17. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Yes I'm going to try my soundcard soon, but yes i try to play the imported tracks but it isn't playing (It imports them aright)

Thanks

18. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

this is what happens when lame people try to steal software
    shame on you cheap cheap cheap people

19. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

STFU johnodd4, H20 is based on a try before you buy thing. I'm seeing if it works and does the job.

Because Cubase don't offer ant trial software it's the only way to try I'm not spending all that money on some software and find out it doesn't do the job.

If it does do the job I intend to support the software and buy it!

Your lame for misreading the situation a$$hole