1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mixing voice and music files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by petesimpk, Jan 7, 2006.

1. petesimpk

petesimpk Member

Anyone know a way of mixing microphone with audio files? I would like to compile music and speech (like a video soundtrack but without the video)..is there a way of mixing the mic. with pre recorded audio files?.........I can't find a channel on the windows sound mixer for 'audio files'.............you can mix mic. and line in etc but not files.
    I use Windows XP and have a Nero 6 programme installed. Any ideas folks?

2. arcanix

arcanix Active member

Audacity does the job.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I suppose it doesn't support live mixing, but you can edit multiple channels with it. You can record your speech directly with audacity though, and then edit & mix it.

3. petesimpk

petesimpk Member

Thanks arcanix........have looked at their website and before I download can you tell me if you personally have any hands on experience of using audacity?

4. arcanix

arcanix Active member

Yes, I've been editing mp3's to ringtones with for a while. I've been using goldwave many years, it's quite similar to audacity, but it's not free. I just tried doing two audiotracks, it's quite simple. Just open your first audiofile, then go to project->new audiotrack (not sure about the translation, my audacity is in Finnish).