1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MKV Help - Multiple Audio Streams Loading at Once...

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by DrNo1, Dec 22, 2004.

1. DrNo1

DrNo1 Member

I recently started downloading my Anime as .mkv files, which most have dual audio tracks/channels (english and japanese).

When I launch any of the mkv files, they play both audio tracks at the same time. I know with OGM files it has that neato tray icon that lets you switch between the audio channels, but I don't have anything like that for mkv files. When I right click DirectVOBSub, it shows two 'Default DirectSound Devices' (one ending in a 0007) aswell as two '3ivX D4 Audio Decoders' (on ending in a 0005).

I play my media throuhg Media Player 10 and use the Mega Codec Pack 1.16 (http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm), that has the MKV splitter and Muxer included.

I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to play only one sound channel at a time and how to choose which channel i want to play.

Thanx,
    Dr.No1

2. MrHankey

MrHankey Member

The Matroska (.mvk) package isn't all that great. While quite a clever idea, it's implementation is pretty weak and very buggy. I'd recommend trying to obtain your animes as OGM as they have already stated that they plan on maintaining backwards compatibility while also implementing new features, such as those introduced by Matroska.

I've heard of this problem before, it's with Matroska not 'telling' media player to not load one of the audio tracks. Personally I think Matroska is trying to make you learn Japanese by playing the english dubs as well. ;) I don't think there is a fix, other than trying another Matroska splitter/muxer package.

If anyone else knows, please jump in. I'd be interested in finding an answer to this aswell.

Sorry this wasn't the solution you were looking for, but I hope it helps in someway regardless.

3. shadowgr

shadowgr Member

Get Media Player Classic

You can get MPC here http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358
    Its amazing for watching anime because it contains all the needed codecs it also allows you to choose between audio channels and subtitle modes.

QUICK TUTORIAL:
    To switch between audio channels:
    1. Open the movie in MPC
    2. Go to PLAY
    3. Filters
    4. Audio Switcher
    from there you can choose which audio channel you wish to view.

To change subtitles, follow steps 1 - 3
    on the 4th step, go to DirectVOBSub instead of Audio Switcher.

Very easy program to use and requires no installation.