1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mkv not working

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by salaam123, Jun 17, 2011.

1. salaam123

salaam123 Member

I have this computer
    http://www.gsm-store.com/asus-g73sw-17-3-3d-i7-2630qm-6-460m-7hp.html

windows 7 64bit. I installed CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack didnt work with that, I installed separately ffd show codecs, didnt work, I installed K-Lite Codec Pack didn´t work and I tried windows media player, windows media player classic, gom player, vlc player and zoom player. I also downloaded the latest graphic card drivers.

The video plays fine for 8 secs and then skips 1 or so minutes forward and it goes on like that. with vlc and gom player i cant watch dvds or divx because it lags so bad. BUT I downloaded 18gb avatar 3d version and it worked(but the 3d is different technology than mine so I can´t watch it).

But I tried 2 other mkv files and they give me problems. Im really pissed off because I got this laptop 2 weeks ago and I can´t watch high res movies. I called asus and they told me that its a codec issue, but the person in the phone hadn´t used mkv before. Also the guarantee don´t cover it either.

2. salaam123

salaam123 Member

haha! Damn im stupid, I noticed that the download of those mkv files is not yet finished! That may be the reason the files did not work. I will see if the files work after they are downloaded. I will post again if there are problems.