1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.mkv to Blu ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by nate2587, Dec 4, 2010.

1. nate2587

nate2587 Member

I did a good hours worth of reading and used the search function but still after 6 BD-R burns i still can't figure this out.

I have a few .mkv (720p/1080p) HD Movies that are anywhere from 4.8gb -10.3 gb

My Blu-ray player does not support .mkv format from disk.

The first problem i run in to (using tsmuxer) is when i convert to Blu-ray disk and burn with IMGburn is the video is streched out. (which from my understanding is from the .mkv file being in a different resolution.

2nd problem is some of the movies even used with tsmuxer and imgburn do not play on the blu-ray player. Not doing anything different with the burn it just spits the movie back out of the player.

The Media i am using is either 25gb BD-R or a DL DVD (8.7gb i think)

LG Blu-ray burner & Samsung Blu-ray player (hooked up directly through the tv)

i used a program like imtoo and sothink HD movie maker but these just take too long. 8hours for 1 disk to burn.

If someone could give me some reading material or point me in the right direction or even help with the issue it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!!

2. bdvoyager

bdvoyager Member

I am having the same problem. I am using the following programs to create a bd TSmuxergui,bdedit,hxd and imageburn.Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  3. Gplanet

Gplanet Member

Hey peps I have been doing a lot of experiments with my LG BD Burner. I was having same issue with mkv files. I was using Nero Vision 10 but lip sync is off. So yesterday I found software called Tipard Blu-ray Converter 6.1.1.2. I used it to convert the mkv to a HD avi format so my LG Power Producer would recognize it. I then used LG Power Producer to burn to disk. Burned 3 onto blank BD-R works great. Plays in Playstation 3 flawless. Hope this helps. I might be on to something.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010