1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MKV to WMV

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by bling20, Dec 28, 2007.

1. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

2. bling20

bling20 Member

yeah i have already tried all of the MKVextract and all that cant ever get the programs to work always get errors. I dont know i think im just gonna hang it up i have tried so much stuff but cant get anything to work

3. bling20

bling20 Member

well i lied. I downloaded a program called AutoMKV and it converted the video perfect, but the audio is wrecked. Is anyone familiar with this program? I was just wonering some settings for audio. Thanks

4. atomicxl

atomicxl Guest

You might be wasting your trying remuxing (extract the stream from MKV and packaging them as AVI or MP4). I have a 360 too and its very stingy about what it will play when it comes to H.264. The file must be made using a profile. Alot of torrent encoders don't pay attention to profiles and just use whatever settings and tweaks to get the best quality. If you're watching on a PC thats cool cuz a PC can play anything. But your 360 will laugh at the video stream and only play the audio.

I don't know of any tool that will let you analyze a video stream to see if its in profile or not. I've got alot of anime thats made from HD broadcast and none of it will work when I remux to MP4. It plays perfect on the PC, but my X-Box only gives me audio.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
  5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

6. atomicxl

atomicxl Guest

That guide is good if your content isn't already in H.264 format or if you don't mind re-encoding. Encoding H.264 laughs at my computer and chugs along at 3x... 3x as in the length of the content x 3. It takes me 6-7 hours to encode one 2 hour movie. I think thats the only way to get something that non-Profile to be Profile compliant, but i'm not trying to do that. I honestly think I could let my PC start to encode all of my content and i'd be able to goto work and get enough paychecks to actually buy a computer to permanently hook up to my HDTV before it finished encoding.

7. mjd113

mjd113 Member

Hi,

Im replying to this thread because I used to use windows movie maker on my vista 32 bit pc. It worked perfect to convert mkv to WMV-HD for xbox 360. Since then I restored my pc to factory settings, reinstalled ac3filter, halli and ffdshow like before. It still plays the mkvs with media centre but now for some reason it is recognizing the mkv in windows movie maker as an audio file and I cannot convert it to wmv? Anyone else have this problem, did I overlook installing some codec or something? Thanks

8. mjd113

mjd113 Member

Nevermind, - I just found out that I had to check off the ffdshow video tab under options.