1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mmds chorus on dvb t tv and diablo cam

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by yammagamm, Oct 7, 2008.

1. carlow

carlow Member

all two part set ups are different lenghts but very little difference will be accieved by changing it,all combined downconverters and diepoles are aset lenght.using a two part set up will not give you a good signal always,its like using an ariel put up in the sixty's to get freeview.the thing was made before digital transmittions were even thought of,its just not conpattable,chorus use two types of transmittions a & b,214 & 222 do you know if your using the right type???????????????????????

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Are you kidding. A UHF aerial made in the sixty's is still able to receive freeview. The aerial doesn't care about the content.
    Beside that a downconverter which is not matching the frequency scheme give the the channels in a other frequency range. Thats it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  3. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Are you sure the polarization is right. The head of the feedarm have to be verticaly or horizontally oriented. Check the mmds aerials in the neighbourhood.

4. carlow

carlow Member

it doesn't pick up in a different frequency range,its not capeable of doing that.theres an 8meg shift between channels it wont work,i've done it,trust me it doesn't work otherwise there would be only one type.and saying a 1960's ariel is as good as recieving freeview,it a crock,you might aswell be telling people to use a wire coat hanger as an areil.it wont work reliably,or consistantly and it wont do everything its supposed to do.these things are made for a reason

5. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

carlow.. i dont know what you are on about ? downconverter has built in feedhorn what some ppl call dipol now. i had downconverter just strapped to old galvanised box section dipol arm with old feedhorn removed as i had said in previous post.it should work with the horizon mesh aerial as they are basically same as new ch@r@s ones. the downconverter is a UHF 1 ie input 2500-2700mhz L.O. 1838mhz so that is start of 662mhz +4 to get centre of band so 666mhz. DVB-T tuner starts at 474 to 850mhz in 8mhz steps so ch45 is 666mhz. it is picking up T4 /ET and TV3 not the best but there but only when pointing away from masts. woodcock hill is vertical.. ch@r@s.. i got rid of them as my isp through mmds years ago as had major problems with signal and harmonics effects as temp dropped it actually worked better with mmds aerial pointing away from mast as well as i had 2 good line of sight/signal.. mmds/ch@r@s and me dont match..lol.. and all this before i start with the diablo cam,

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

It looks like you has absolute no clue about the theme.
    A UHF aerial for the right group simply receive a dtt or freevierw signal independently if it was sold as "digital" aerial or not.
    How do you think all the blokes got the irish dtt trial from 3rock and clermont carn? Do you think they had to buy a digital aerial first?
    As yammagamm stated above for mmds there is only one input frequency range between 2.5 ghz and 2.7 ghz. The downconverter convert it to a range a settop box is able to handle. Different downconverter and the 2 different frequency schemes for ch*rus give different frequencies behind. Thats it.

7. carlow

carlow Member

How do you think all the blokes got the irish dtt trial from 3rock and clermont carn? Do you think they had to buy a digital aerial first?
    the irish dtt trial has not been carried out from three rock because it was a good place to start..it has carried there because three rock covers dublin,and very few people people in dublin have a tv areils,and if they do it is pointed at northern ireland or whales on a huge mast or rte donnybrook,they had areils put up specially for the trial and pointed at three rock.

you must be right on top of the transmitter it sounds like the mmds mesh your using is too big,if it has to be pointed away fron the mast,we used to this years ago on the annaloge system to bring down the db's but the digital needs pure line of sight,you could try removing the little at the front of the dipole to also bring the signal down.too much signal for too long will burn out the dipole.

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You has absolute no clue about the theme and you are talking bullshit.
    Your argument was its not possible to use an old aerial from the sixtees for dvb-t/dtt. Thats brain dead.
    Btw my working uhf aerial for dtt was built in 1966.

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Its possible that the signal is too strong but a burned out dipol is a bad joke.

10. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

hi guys. your bitch fight finished ?? lol. a fireman wouldnt have been up and down the ladder as much as me lately.. but anyway. still no joy after trying new ct100 cable better quality f connectors, i say im only a mile or so from the masts as the crow flies and the downconverter had a gain of 38db. there are about 7 masts i can see on woodcock hill in clare and all are in line of sight of mesh dish and i have tried pointing the feedhorn at each 1 still no luck.and moving downconverter /feedhorn in and out.... what channels should i pick up unscrambled on uhf turner to align the aerial.?

11. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Try an adjustable attenuator between power supply and tv.
    The valid frequencies depending on the downconverter and the used lo frequency.

12. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

ok just back from on roof again. started to get better picture on analogue tuner when i put my hand on where feedhorn goes into downconverter so i tried some tin foil wrapped around there same effect as my hand minute i take off hand or tin foil picture gone..and this is with aerial facing straight at mast.so i bent mesh more forward into more of a curve and was getting beter signal without hand or foil, i also turned downconverter to horizontal even though i know woodcock hill is vertical and with it slightly out of alignment with mast getting best picture on analogue tuner,turned over to dvb-t tuner and getting about 15-20 % quality now which i know aint any good to pull in a picture.and i know when i was up on roof slightly blocking mesh aerial picture was better compared to when i moved away.so am i acting as a signal booster or blocking signal ?

13. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you are only 1 mile away from the transmitter 38db gain is way too much.

14. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

ok tried the attenuator a variable 1 from 1-25db still no luck, , finally with aerial pointing a good 60deg away from mast and bending mesh dish more got about signal quality of 15ish percent enough for the dvb-t to scan and picking up loads of channels, of course ones not scrambled are breaking up pixaliting but can see enough of RTE1 its a start and will be enough for my expierment ie. diablo cam....

15. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

ok with cam in getting encrypted service. i have a keys bin file on diablo that lists nt* ireland under the indentslist.txt as 005E01 and the key.bin file is from the 29/10/08 so i presume keys are right. im running U/W 1.43 with a older keys.bin on CAM.

16. carlow

carlow Member

the arguement isn't that it won't work.it's that it wont work reliably,in most cases,if yours works good on ya,but so many people get disconnected from chorus that it should be easy to sorse an intergratted dipole/downconvter preety easaly,and it would be better to use one of them,also using a B type downconverter on an A type transmitter wont work,but it does on annalouge but not digital,strange but its true,but it only works because of how an annalouge signal is,it doesn't give as good a picture as using the proper type but it works.BUT IT WONT WORK FOR DIGITAL,i used to put up mmds ariels for a living,so please trust what i'm saying,but i'm probly no good at trying to say what i mean.i'm not on here to argue with ya,

17. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

A ch*rus digital box is not working with the wrong downconverter because the default frequency doesn't match anymore. Thats the whole secret.

18. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

carlow..what good is a old chorus downconverter to me ? it says alot now that you say you used to put up mmds aerials so you used to work for chorus/nthell..well in my expierence i found there so called technicans/installers as thick as 2 planks im not saying you are now.. but if you didnt go off on your rants with mgb17 and actually read the thread you would have read i am trying to use dvb-t tuner on lcd tv which has a range of 474mhz to 850mhz. and chorus downconverters are not in this range....and if you read last post i stated im getting channels there just breaking up pixalating unencrypted ones and other ones saying encrypted channel.so im now on to trying to figure out to unencrypt using the diablo cam. so any help on this part is what im looking for now. when was the last key change ? as not sure using current ones..

19. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

First you should use keys for ch*rus and not for N*l.

20. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

mgb17.. the bin file i had just i think called ch@rus nthell it had loads of keys in file for ch@rus ireland, nt*l ireland, t*lewest, c&w as it was a file i get off a well known sat site..what is the ident of chorus ? is it 5E01 ? AND nt* 5401 ? last set of keys i tried are dated 29/06/08 ? and start with hex5 and hex8 ? that right