1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mmds chorus on dvb t tv and diablo cam

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by yammagamm, Oct 7, 2008.

1. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Check the status in the cam menu and you should see what provider id your cam want.

2. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

hi mgb17 i dont understand you ? i was askign about the prov id just to make sure i had right keys for chorus, i dont follow you saying i will see what provider id my cam want ?. i cant get at it at the moment anyway as herself is watching tv..

3. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

There are 2 provider id's 5E01 and 5F01. You have to check which one your cam is willing to use. Some software is using the lower one and some the higher one independly what the provider is saying.

4. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

ah ok i get you now when im on a encrypted channel go into look in cam on current keys and see the id there.. , ok 5F01 and i only see keyid01 showing 1 set of keys..

5. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Ok and if that key is valid for ch*rus you get a picture.

6. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

mgb17..sorted ;-) in keys bin the 5f01 was listed as a uk provider.... thanks so much for sticking with me through this.. it is very much appreciated and i have learnt loads throught this process.only thing i have to do now is try get a good signal.its not 2 bad at the moment as its not raining still audio video breaking up a bit but main thing of this was to see could i use diablo.. might be very handy for others..as i use the diablo for satellite and have a technomate tm6800 HD stb i might upgrade to the new tm6900 super which has both tuners dvb-s and dvb-t and is mpeg4 which is what the new irish DTT will be broadcast in

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Place your better half before the TV, use mobile phones and let report the quality level during you move the aerial at the roof.
    Try to get the best possible quality level.

8. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

mg , i had 21 crt tv out back while moving around aerial, gone half mad trying to get good signal. i have moved aerial every position moved feedhorn updown dipole. changed new cable tried signal booster tried attenuator tried 2 downconverters incase 1 was faulty. moved aerial up and down pole. have tried bending mesh dish slightly ..i had about 35-40%quality at 1 stage when dry but that was with aerial pointing 45 deg away from masts but was still breaking up. might try another aerial as some corrosion on mesh

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You are too close to the transmitter. The signal is too strong.
    Use your attenuator, set it to full attenuation and try again to find the best position for the aerial.
    If you found the best position try to lower the attenuation in small steps and check if you get a better signal quality.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  10. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

hi mgb17 . still not getting a good signal. looking at downconverter/feedhorn the panorama one i took off cover held on by 8 screws. question ? should the feedhorn output be grounded to the downconverter body ? as 2 of the panorama downconverters i have are,would this not mean the whole downconverter is acting as a feedhorn and since the downconverter is connected to mesh grid there is no focal point for signal ??

11. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The dipol is not working without plus and minus.
    You could have one of 2 problems.
    First a too strong signal can overload the tuner. You can correct this with a attenuator.
    Second the output strength of a amplifier is limited and is based on the number of frequencies. More frequencies means less maximal output. If the output strength is over the limit the signal get distored from the amp.
    If the second is your problem you could try to screen part of the aerial to reduce the input strength. Less input strength means less output of the builtin amp from the downconverter.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  12. Shaker7

Shaker7 Member

Hi,

Can anyone help me please? I have flashed the digivox correctly and bought a panorama mmds aerial with downconverter and power supply. I have been sitting up on my roof swinging the aerial around with my friend at the digivox scanning for channels. No matter where I point the aerial the scan completes in a couple of seconds and comes up no channels found. I Know I have flashed it porperly as I have installed 1 on an existing Ch**us mmds dish. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong. I cant even get the free to air channels to come up. It scans between 200 - 500 r something like that should I have a diff freqeuncy or something? Can anyone help me please im running out of ideas.

13. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you got a downconverter with IF662 (lo 1838)the first valid frequency should be 682mhz or 690mhz.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  14. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

hi shaker. your hijacking this thread you should start your own or ask under a digivox thread as this thread is about using dvb-t tuner built into lcd tvs and using the ci slot with a diablocam which work perfectly.

hi mgb17 i got a new downconverter a intergrated 1 another panorama 1 and it worked perfectly first time 100%signal quality and signal strength, problem was with faulty dipole downconverters i am deffo about it. but using dvt-t tuner in tv and diablo cam works a treat.thanks for all your help... its a very neat way of doing it as dont need another box and if you use the wireless diablo cam you dont even need to remove it from the ci slot in tv to update cam also the yagi intergrated downconverter is very neat tried it with 2 parts of yagi screwed in ie full length then 1 part then none was getting exact same signal quality/strength so left them out very neat this way.

15. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

just a update on this setup.. still working perfectly.. wonder if its worth writing a tutorial on this way and maybe placed as a sticky ?

16. funkyme

funkyme Member

I have the same set up. I have around 100 channels on my lcd tv withe DVD-T tuner. Would it be possible for you to pm me the info on the Diablo card and where you got it.
    Thanks in advance.

17. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

hi funkyme sorry for the delay. thought thread was dead didnt think any1 interested. but just a bit of info i just got a digoVox and OMG what a shite picture quality compared to the inbuild tuner/diabo,with the inbuilt tuner and diablo in lcd tv its hard to tell difference between HD channels from satellite system.and im using a high quality hitachi ofc scart lead from the digivox and its same aerial/downconverter as when using the diablo and the lcd dvb-t. funyme you said your setup was same does that mean you have a diablo light cam 2.3 ?

18. funkyme

funkyme Member

Hi Yammagamm,
    I have a ch#### mmds ariel/downcoverter connected to my lcd.
    I have a dvb-t built in to my lcd. I did a scan and picked up approx 95 channels with it and approx 30 radio channels.
    All the radio channels are available. Only 3 tv channels are available. Im getting full epg info on the tv.
    I have a cam/CI card slot at the side of my tv. I did a google and could not not find any cam that was compatiable with ch#####.
    Can u give me more info on the diablo light cam etc.
    Whats involved etc, and where you got it?
    You can pm you if you like.
    Thanks.

19. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

just google for diablo light cam and you will find loads of places selling them and all the info you need. i just googled "diablo light cam" and got 230,000 results. you will also need a cam programmer i use the cas3 which loads of places sell together with the cam..expect to pay around 110-120 sterling for both which is around the price of a "box" but the cam and cas3 way more usefull. what encryption system does ch@r*s use ? the diablo is a multicrypt cam and with the most common software used with this cam ie latest 1 is u/w 153, you will find more info on satellite sites. funkyme. just remembered you can now even get a wifi diablocam so you dont even have to take it out of the tv to update it so you dont need a cas3 programmer you update it through your wifi router if u have a wireless net setup in your house

20. yammagamm

yammagamm Regular member

diablo keyedit 1.3 best way to add new keys to new u/w files just open latest u/w keys bin with keyedit and under nagra add ch@r@s- caid -provider id- and keys....and dont forget to click update and save xml as well.