1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMDS Set-up Complete Beginner

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by smartjj72, May 3, 2007.

1. mayto

mayto Member

a friend is using a downconverter from satandcable with a chor^s aerial but cannot get a signal. The aerial was previously used there so should work. If he just selects auto scan on the box-t should he pick up channels if dish set up right?

2. claret08

claret08 Member

yes he should get a signal but make sure you scan between 662 and 848MHz

try a manual scan from 698 (then every +8 MHz if your struggling)

3. Firefox75

Firefox75 Guest

Hi All,

I live in Limerick City and will be pointing my MMDS Antenna towards the Woodcock Ch**us transmitter. Which unit is best to use.

Eurovox TX v The Box T

Will both give the same number of channels...., etc. Has one a better EPG...., etc. Does one work better then the other....

Thanks

Tom

4. claret08

claret08 Member

Id say Tx as the Box T supply is nearly gone and there will be no more

5. Firefox75

Firefox75 Guest

Thanks Claret08.

That is a good point.

Cheers

Tom

6. chrism23

chrism23 Member

IS anyone using an MMDS aerial in the Enniskerry area? Thinking of getting one.

Cheers

7. mikeecho

mikeecho Member

i still havent gotten around to setting up my mmds system (long long story)

anyway... i have weak signal in my area, would i be getter using the Chorus type antenna, or the 'ray gun' type of mmds antenna

8. jock54

jock54 Member

From my experience and knowledge, for a weak signal area, the best aerial is the oval shape one don't know the name but its like a half moon, i have a spare one (smiles) anyway getting baack to your question, what aeriel .... full stop ....If you have been reading in this forum im sure your quite aware of whats going on with all these key rools and they way its driving guys mad trying to update keys to their box,, its so much hassel, suggestion to you, why don't you contact Chorus to install system, ok just order the basic channels, they come out and if signal isn't strong enough they go ,not costing you anything. Save you alot of hassel and money for equipment and maybe for nothing. Ok so maybe your signal is strong enoughh for chorus to install, job done. Your paying for basic channels but you would like more ??? sport movies ppv, whatever. get your card unlocked have it programmed to a new card with all the channels, still keep your origanal in case you ever need to call out chorus.

Thank about it. its hassel free with auto updating keys guaranteed, i love it.

PM anytime

9. Milner2k

Milner2k Member

the new firmware on the cable boxes lets them automatically roll when the keys change. Do the mmds boxes have this feature aswell ?

10. jigsey

jigsey Guest

Hi

I'm living near mallow, i just bought "TheBox" with panarama aerial. i've pointed the aerial in same direction as neighbours house. I cannot get a signal tried moving around nothing.
    does it have to be spot on like sat or like a tv aerial.
    does anyone know someone who could install it for me, it will be
    prob easier.

cheers

11. Milner2k

Milner2k Member

You just mentioned "the box" , I persume you have one of the mmds ones.

12. jigsey

jigsey Guest

Problem sorted it was my fault, put aerial in attic got great signal for a day, aerial faulty i think ordered new one

13. naronit

naronit Member

Can anyone tell me what mmds system is in operation in tramore in co.waterford? please. i think myself thats it is n*l mmds as apposed to ch**us.
    Also would a ch**us downconverter work on the n*l mmds if i use the correct box (dvb c). thanks in advance for any info on this.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  14. Milner2k

Milner2k Member

Hi, not sure about the type of mmds, but you dont use one of the dvb-c boxes with mmds, you need one of the T boxes for that.

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

DVB C box will work on N** MMDS as it utilises a DVB C variant.

16. chris100

chris100 Guest

Hi should i pick up a signal if i have the aerial in the attic ie will a signal get through the wall
    in the attic of the house? also when scanning should i pick up some sort of a signal as i approach the correct frequency ie. if the frequency is 422Mhz will i start seeing a weak signal
    at 412Mhz and getting stronger as i approach the 422 Mhz or will i only see a signal when i hit 422Mhz.Thanks chris100

17. mullgan

mullgan Member

Hi All,

I bought a freecom dvb-t usb stick recently and loaded the bda drivers which I download from the freecom website. I bought an adapter to convert from the ch*r*s connection plug to a standard aerial connection that fits into the USb adapter...

When i plug the chorus connection into the usb adapter should I expect to see a constantly flashing light on the adapter ? I am getting nothing..

After installing totalmedia and progdvb they both indicate that there is no signal. Do I need to set any settings in progdvb in order for my laptop to pick up the signal??.
    Any help would be apprecaited
    Thanks.

18. RoryG

RoryG Member

With my freecom DVB-T usb stick there is the yellow LED on, permanently, when I plug it in.
    I would recommend that you work with the totalmedia program first to see if you get a signal. Over here there are even a couple of fta ones like RTÉ one I can watch with totalmedia.
    After that you download the latest ProgDVB, I have V.5.14.4 plus s2emu V.1.2.8 and/or vPlug 2.2.1 with appropriate k*yfile.

19. mullgan

mullgan Member

Thanks for the info.

The freecom dvb-t stick is digital only and doesn't pick up analog signals. When I plug it in to my laptop a green led flashes around 5 times on it and that's it. I have checked this out on the freecom site and this is normal when the PC is finding it. After that it doesn't do much else. There is no yellow led on it - Maybe I have an older/newer model of it??. Totalmedia doesn't find anything either with the supplied aerial or the digial signal from ch*r*s??. As I said there is no signal being picked up on either. through TM or ProgDVB.
    I am beginning to think it's a dodgy stick??

20. alec76

alec76 Member

mullgan, did u try to SCAN ? LOL