1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Phone Tools download

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Redlynn, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Redlynn

Redlynn Guest

I havve downloaded Mobile Phone Tools and the USB Driver. I installed driver and then went on to install Mobile Phone Tools. I had to get another application to unrar the programme but that done I then started to install the Phone Tools. I had printed off guides to show me what should be the process. I found that I didn't get the Mobile Phone Setup wizard, instead I got a screen telling me Windows needed to know where I would be dialling from etc? I stopped setup and uninstalled. Anyone know what I had done wrong. I have the Motorola V220. Using Windows XP Home SP1.

2. motodude

motodude Guest

I am guessing you have phone tools 3.11h, In the setup folder look for setup.exe. This will startup the wizard.

3. Redlynn

Redlynn Guest

I have downloaded version 3.07 from another site. I am pretty sure I double clicked on the setup.exe file but as I said I didn't get what I was expecting with regard to the guide I printed off. I am pretty sure I got something LiveUpdate I think it was and then was expecting the Phone Setup Wizard whereas I seemed to get something which I think you might get if you were setting up a Modem. Perhaps I am meant to get that before I get the Phone setup wizard. I didn't have my phone or Mini Usb cable in at the time, don't know if that would have any bearing but I think it said that I shouldn't have the cable plugged in.

4. motodude

motodude Guest

Before you start phone tools make sure you have installed the p2k drivers and have your phone plugged in with the usb cable into the computer.

5. Redlynn

Redlynn Guest

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded from the Motoheaven site a Motorola_Handset_USB_Driver.rar.zip which I presume is the P2K file that you refer to. The guide that I printed off from the site quoted the following that after installing the USB Driver to install the exe file then it says
    Make sure your USB cable is unpluged and load the program. I followed that instruction, is that not right?
    It then showed me a screen display that was titled Installing mobile Phone Tools - Welcome to the Phone Setup wizard. I didn't get that.
    Perhaps I ought to try again using the links you are quoting instead?

6. motodude

motodude Guest

Your instructions are right but try using the links in my sig.

7. Redlynn

Redlynn Guest

I will do that then. Can you just clarify for me though WHEN I have to plug my phone in? Or are there detailed instructions I can find for the installation.

8. motodude

motodude Guest

I don't think there is any guides for installing phone tools becuase it's very easy to intall, just click next in the wizard..lol

1. Plug in the phone with usb cable into the computer.

2. Windows should detect the phone and will ask for drivers.

3. Give it the P2K drivers.

4. Then install phone tools

9. Redlynn

Redlynn Guest

Okay thanks for that, but that is different to the instructions I posted earlier they emhasised to make sure the usb cable was unplugged?! That's why I was confused by it all but perhaps that's why it didn't work because it wasn't plugged in or perhaps I am just missing the point as to when the phone has to be plugged in.
    I am going to use your links now and install it differently, the way you are telling me. This is how I interpret what you are are telling me to do:-
    Just plug in the phone into the usb cable which is already plugged in to the computer
    Then install the drivers
    Then install the Phone Tools

10. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

that's more or less like I did it. I installed from an earlier version though and upgraded the program through LiveUpdate. I also installed the USB modem drivers first (which I believe are the same as the P2K USB Drivers in motodude's sig.) before installing the phone tools. It's probably gonna be trial and error for you. I left my phone connected to the PC during the entire installation. Some have indicated that you should not do that. LOL If it doesn't work one way, uninstall, reboot and try to reinstall using a different method.

I have the MPTs installed on two computers...one with WinXP Home SP1 and the other with XP Home SP2. Both work fine for me. Your mileage may vary as has been indicated time and again in these forums.

11. Redlynn

Redlynn Guest

Thank you all for your help after lots of trying etc I have finally loaded Phone Tools. I was playing around with it and I loaded a wallpaper from my PC onto my phone etc. I realised that the prog had stopped responding and then found I couldn't close the prog. Had to use Ctr/alt/del to end it. Anyone know why. Also as I am typing this my fan on my PC appears to be stuck on, never happened before.

12. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Is the fan on your PC a variable speed fan? Also, which fan is it ... the CPU fan, an exhaust fan in the back, an intake in the front, the power supply fan???

13. Redlynn

Redlynn Guest

When I checked the CPU was at 100% In the end I had to just power down. When I started it up and clicked on Mobile Phone Tools I got a completely different phone on the screen. The one before once 'opened up' the new one wasn't but seemed to work and it allowed me to close it down. Guess I just need to 'find' a manual now to show me how to do everything in Mobile Tools. 1 question I do have now is when I went through the setup for the email I noticed it had automatically added my email address, there was no password so was I suppose to enter that (I did) or should I have left it blank and it would perhaps prompt me for the password. It's for these sort of things I think I need a manual for.

14. max81

max81 Member

HEEEELP!!!

I have just bought a Motorola c975, only to find out that neither the cable nor the software are included in the box...
    Anyway, I bought the cable, downloaded the soft,
    the drivers - no success!

The soft does not see the fone, I tried reinstalling a 1000 times, both the soft and the driver.
    Apart from that, the fone tends to disappear from XP - I can see it on/off the list in the control panel, with the characteristic ping sygnalising it is unplugged...

Any clue what can be wrong? Is this software even appropriate for c975?

Best,

Max

15. markoss

markoss Member

I found winrar thorugh when i tried to opne the file it said it was corrupt i tried to reapair it but it didnt work, is there a different file?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  16. harris139

harris139 Member

how com when i connect my moto c975 to my pc through usb lead my phone screen says charging battery and i cant do any thing
    can any 1 help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

17. np2fast

np2fast Guest

Hey,
    I downloaded the p2k for win98 that you had in your sig but it does not work. I am using it for a motorola c650.
    I tried both of them for win xp and 98.
    When i direct it to the older where the driver is, it say no driver found.

Help?

18. Wolfer

Wolfer Member

I have downloaded mobile phone tools 3.11 but where i can find licence key or some kind of crack to register this software?

19. sunnyorla

sunnyorla Member

I have downloaded MPT 3.23 from the links provided in this forum. I have installed as indicated below... However, every time it tries tofind the 'modem' it cannot do it. I have pointed teh USB driver instal to the P2K folder and still nothing.
    Why is this wnating to install a modem? All I want to is access to my address book for maintance and back up. Why does the modem have to be installed? Can't the PC talk to the phone without having a modem driver installed?
    I use Win XP and I have a Motorola Razr V3. Is this software compatble with the Razr? I did te hlive update as well... I know the PC recog the phone because when I connect the cable it identifies it as a Moto Razr V3. So I continue with te installation, when I select a modem, and I have tried several, there in none that specifically says Razr, but there is a Motorola V and Timeport listed, as well as a Motorola USB Modem. I have tried both. But when the time coems to connect to teh phone, it says it cannot find a modem.
    I have done the uninstall and re install several times. What gives?
    Thank you
    sunnyorlando

20. sunnyorla

sunnyorla Member

OK - I figured this out - totally by chance I guess. I can now connect to the phone, backed up my contacts and even pictures. I am running v3.25b 4/8/2005. Now..what I get now is regular interruptions or disconnections from the PC. And its not easy to get a connection again. I try starting up the application, disconnecting teh cable and reconecting it to do a "re-detect". Is this application that unreliable? Or is there a solution to this?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    sunnyorlando