1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile PhoneTools v3.0 US

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by motomania, Jan 1, 2005.

1. skaterp05

skaterp05 Member

Thanks for the help motodude. That site is awesome.

2. julieann

julieann Member

3. motomania

motomania Guest

ummm yeah - free like in no money being paid!

4. zehoi

zehoi Member

5. julieann

julieann Member

So, what is a "rar" file? How do I get it to work? I'm pretty computer savvy, but this has me stumped. Thanks in advance!

6. motodude

motodude Guest

for the rar file you need winrar or ultimatezip

Winrar - rarlabs.com

Ultimatezip - ultimatezip.com

7. julieann

julieann Member

I'm sorry AGAIN. I just can't seem to 1)navigate this forum and 2)use the UltimateZip. Can someone help? I have always "unzipped" things before with WinZip and it asks me where I want it to go. I saw everything that "came out" of the rar file, but I couldn't click on anything (what AM I supposed to click on?) and I couldn't "move" it all to somewhere else. What am I doing wrong/right? Thanks in advance!

8. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

UltimateZip is EXACTLY like WinZip except it's free (not shareware) AND supports RAR files (for the most part). RAR files are just another type of compressed file. I know for a FACT that UltimateZip will correctly open and extract this particular RAR file.

zehoi wrote:
    LOL How should I know? Just because you downloaded those two files doesn't give anyone enough information to even begin making an educated guess at your problems. Have you installed UltimateZip (don't download the newest beta)? Upon first running the program, did you choose "YES" when it asked you to associate certain files with UltimateZip? Now that you have compressed files appropriately associated with UltimateZip you can open the RAR file and extract the files to a folder/directory on your hard drive. Then you can run/execute the setup program to install the MPTs.

Oh and not to be mean, but anyone who says they are computer savvy and can't use a simple program like WinRAR or UltimateZip, they are kidding themselves. Compressed files have been around since the days of DOS. These are not difficult programs to figure out. And both websites have their own forums where you can get the proper assistance if you need it. We're here to sincerely help anyone, but you have to do a little work too. :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  9. julieann

julieann Member

Okay, I'm just more computer savvy than all the 41 yo mother of 3, piano teachers, PTO presidents, church pianists I know. Sorry.
    It's just that I thought it would unzip it and put it into a neat little folder and there would be the executable file I need to run the program. I'll keep working on it.

10. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

LOL you are too funny. You're right. Being computer savvy is more or less relative to who you are around the most. ;-) I bet you're cute when you're mad.

As far as unzipping goes, these apps DO put your stuff into a "neat little folder." This particular RAR file is filled with files and directories already. Just make sure that when you select EXTRACT, you tell the program WHERE you want all those to go. Type in a new directory name if you want. Also make sure that you have the check box ticked called "Use Folder Names." Once it's through unzipping, go to the folder you told the program to put the files and proceed to the SETUP directory where you will find a SETUP.EXE file. Double click on that to start the installation.

11. motohelps

motohelps Member

ok ive installed mobile phone tools and when i load it up....it takes ages trying 2 install my phone and then i cant transfer anything or do anything it just says initializing and stops at that. Plz..help me another guy on this thread had the same problem... plz..

12. caracara

caracara Member

I bought and installed Mobile PhoneTools v3.0 and am having problems with it. Once I connect my phone and it goes to the image of the mobile phone, the screen on the mobile phone image says *Phone Image Not Available* and *Initializing...* and above all that if I move the pointer over a yellow bar it says *no modem installed* What step am I missing to complete the installation and use this program? Thank you for any help.

13. lobudgit

lobudgit Member

Does anyone know if the Motorola Bluetooth Mobile PhoneTools V3.11 download mentioned here supports the V551 phone, or if the software support synchronization with Lotus Notes v6.5? I saw where the Moto V3.0 version was supposed to support v6.1...

Thx!

14. lobudgit

lobudgit Member

Does anyone know if the Motorola Bluetooth Mobile PhoneTools V3.11 download mentioned here supports the V551 phone, or if the software support synchronization with Lotus Notes v6.5? I saw where the Moto V3.0 version was supposed to support v6.1...

Thx!

15. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  16. OmegaWolf

OmegaWolf Member

How come no one seems to reply to the people who complain that Phone Tools just gives them an 'initializing' message and never continues from there? I've been having the same problem, and I've tried different versions of Phone Tools, different computers, with two seperate v180s. Does anybosy have any idea what to do?

17. mluttman

mluttman Member

I am also stuck in 'initializing my phone' mode. And no 'synchronization' buttons. I tried reinstalling the software and rebooted. Does it not like my V180 phone or my usb cable from my cannon camera?

18. ChrisHx

ChrisHx Member

I just got V551 and MPT and could not connect

The link below fixed it

http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/XPsp2_and_BT.pdf

Thanks rockdawg.

Why can't they make it more obvious that users will incure a problem when they use this product. Its only when you get to the upgrade area that they mention XP SP2 problem.

Thank you all

19. caracara

caracara Member

That link helps if you are using bluetooth, but not a usb cable. I don't even know what bluetooth is. Any suggestions for fixing the initializing problem with a cable?

20. Marine22

Marine22 Member

I switched cables on my usb, and when I opened multimedia studio on the MPT, it says to plug the phone in to detect. I unplugged it and re-plugged it, and it finally detected it after a while. When I opened up my mp3 files and pressed transfer, "unsupported format-no conversion possible" pops up. I can't transfer anything, and don't know what's going on. Then when I open up MPT, the phone on the left of the screen says "Phone Image not available--- Initializing.....". Any advice/help???? I've got MPT 3.11h, is this right for a v180? You seem to know a lot and wanted to see if you could bail me out.