1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moble Ringtone Question

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by TheJman99, Jan 27, 2008.

1. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

Hey all, i recently purchesed a moto kzr, and i am interestedin its music playing capabilities. I have the driver, and synced song clips BELOW 300 kb to the phone. The play fine. My question is this, once you have the songs, how do u set them to ringtones? do you open up the vcast menu and is there an option???

2. hazmatcop

hazmatcop Member

Well, if it's less then 300 KB, it's obviously at ring tone length , i.e., 30 seconds or less. And if thats the case, I'm assuming it's not with the rest of your full length songs in VCAST Music, but your Sounds Folder. If indeed that's the fact, and it works like Verizon LG phones, first you want to make sure it's a .mid, .midi, or .mps audio format, if not, you need to transfer it from your phone to your P.C., format it to .mp3, keep it under 300 KB like you have, and then change the name / extention to songname.mid or songname.midi then e-mail it to you ##########@vzwpix.com, when it arrives hit options ( Right soft key ) and select "Save as Ringtone"; it might prompt you to make it the default ring tone, in which you can say yea or ney. You can then instantly do the same option and save it as a Sound, putting it in your Sound folder. This all works great with 3 different LG phones, creating a great sounding mp3, however I've never tried it with a Moto. But it's worth a try. Good luck !

3. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

when u say email u mean actual computer email right? and also i have unlimited txting, but will this still cost me money?

4. TheJman99

TheJman99 Member

I tried to send it as an email (i attatched it) and it keeps bouncing back saying that verizon rejected it.... i know i am typing the right number, what am i doing wrong?