1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod chip selection

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by kangfuawp, Jan 3, 2005.

1. kangfuawp

kangfuawp Member

Yeah i decided to get a mod chip for my x-box and i had a few in mindd but in need help in deciding which one is the best one. I has the sodorless spider chip in mind or the xecutioner mod chip but i dont know which to get. I don't have a problem with a sodoring and i also have a v.1.3 xbox.

2. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

3. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

I would say get an x3 they are awesome and really easy to install (http://teamxecuter.com) A website i reccomend
    is http://system-mods.com

4. Iat

Iat Member

Are all XBoxes including the ones built in September of 2004 mod'able? I read it somewhere that you must based on the serial number to determine what version of the Xbox. For example: version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, or 1.5. Just wander if the version is significant in determining what chip to persuit? My Xbox is build in 2004-09-10, anyone knows if I can get the X3 for this version of Xbox?

TIA

5. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

All versions are able to be modded. Just the 1.5 , 1.6 , and 1.6b need to have extra wires installed in order fot the chip to work. They make a printed circuit board for the rebuilding of the 1.6 LPC now and it comes with the X3 chip. The 1.5 just needs a ground and 3.3v supplied to the LPC bus in order to make it work on it. Just go on the Website of TeamXecuter and there are tutorials on there to explain how to install the Chip.